TOTO in concert tonight...July 16, 2007

I have tickets to the concert tonight... In Indianapolis, IN at Music Mill.

This band is like a all star line up and should be great. They always sounded great on Klipsch in my youth.

What bands influenced you in your HS or College days that you STILL like today?

www.toto99.com If your interested in "What ever happened to?" kinda thing!

Roger: I've always had a lot of respect for the musicians of Toto. They're great. They've always sounded very tight. Have fun and enjoy!

When I still played in the Detroit area bar band "ROZE" back in the late 1970s when Toto first appeared we used to play a cover of "Hold the line". It was very well received by the audiences.

All sorts of alternative music in my college years. I still
enjoy that music now. I remember Toto from the 80's. We
were listening to Warrant, Cinderella, Poison, all that cheese, glam
metal that I don't listen to anymore. Along with you typical top
40 Duran Duran, Cindy Lauper stuff that I don't listen to anymore
either. Grew up in a smallish town in the middle of nowhere, not
much in the way of culture. It brings a smile to face when I hear
it in odd places, but I wouldn't have it in my CD collection other than
a greatest hits just for kicks and giggles.

I do have to
admit that even the alternative music from my college years is starting
to show its age. Either that or I am.

I still like Triumph, early Styx before that Roboto crap although Snowblind rocked on that LP.

Snowblind was actually from Paradise Theater. Like you I was a very big Styx fan. I have everything they ever did on vinyl up to the Mr Roboto album (1982). Equinox and Crystal Ball (Tommy Shaws first album) are still 2 of my favorites. I just recently saw them (without Dennis De Young) and they still sound great.

Mike

PS... big Triumph fan as well. I wore out the Lay It On The Line album.

GROAN, wish I'd scheduled my day better. I to meet with a bride to deliver her pix, a teleconference for work (that I scheduled) and some other pickups for the photo business.Too much running around. I'm missing it right now!

I just spent 10 minutes reviewing the discographies of the various members of Toto and realized that I am right now missing one of the SUPERGROUPS of our time. These guys have played with the Who, Chicago, Olivia Newton John, Boz Scaggs, Jon Anderson, EW&F, Quincy Jones, and been Joe Cocker's band for several albums. I wish I'd done some more homework before missing this show.

Sorry Roger, I shoulda paid more attention. I shoulda been there. I hope the glow you get from tonight's show lasts and lasts.

Toto isn't just a pop outfit with FM staple tunes, these guys are masters of their instruments individually and putting them on stage together was probably once of those mind blowing experiences. Especially since the Music Mill is about 10 minitues from my home, smoke free, and an acoustically very nice venue. For Roger tonight, it's probably like having one of his dream bands playing for him in his living room.

I'll bet he sings every note right along with them in that perfect-pitch, crystalline voice of his!

Weird coincidence: I just bought a TOTO toilet, but it did not cost $99. Ugh, inflation.

BTW, I own Hydra on vinyl.

fini: How ironic you should bring that up: Every toilet in Roger's house is a Toto!! I wonder if his kids say: "Dad: I've gotta go to the Toto!" LOL [;)]