arkansas members help!!!!!!!! please

is there anyone that works on tube equipment in little rock?   in arkansas???? 

i just received an amp with probably minor damage (thanks ups) but i know of noone to take it to.

I have really been searching for someone good in Little Rock but the closest I have found is Mississippi. Twin City Antique Mall has a vintage audio booth and they send everything to a guy in Jacksonville named richard. He is an older guy very old school. I have seen his work and it looks good. However, I gave him a portable record player to fix in March but he was waiting for parts. I figure I'll call him next month. Call Twin City Antique mall and ask for the guys with the stereo equipment and they can give you his contact info. 

yeah, i took something to richard for a friend, but all he did was clean it. nice enough guy i guess. i brought a bathroom scale to be refinished last november yes november to him and still haven't gotten it back. i hesitate.

thank you though.

I took a marantz 2245 to Richard in January, he still has it.[*-)]

yeah, i took something to richard for a friend, but all he did was clean it. nice enough guy i guess. i brought a bathroom scale to be refinished last november yes november to him and still haven't gotten it back. i hesitate.

thank you though. 

I may never see my 78 player again : ( Personally I was hoping he was waiting for parts.

These guys are very close. Vintage Amp Repair http://www.vintageamplifierrestoration.com . I talked to them not long ago. I liked them because they had time frames in which they deal with your gear. They are also close enough that you can drive to pick up your gear if needed.

is there anyone that works on tube equipment in little rock? in arkansas????

i just received an amp with probably minor damage (thanks ups) but i know of noone to take it to.

Stereo One in Fayetteville. His name is Tony. Ask for, and speak to him only, not the biz.

tc

Stereo One in Fayetteville. His name is Tony. Ask for, and speak to him only, not the biz.

tc

Has he worked on your gear? This is good to know. Thanks!!!!

No affilliation, but I read a Craiglist from Jefferson City Missouri recently. A guy was advertising specifically repairing older tube gear. In his ad he gives a detailed Resume, including a 30or so year career with tube repair in the military. Might want to give him a call. He is located in Holts Summit, very near Jefferson City.

tc

Tony works for a Mac dealer and is a certified Mac tech. So many people were bringing in stuff for repair, that the store owner poo-pooed repairs on anything not sold there. So any contact must be made privately. He works SS and tubes, but his first love is vintage tube amps.

He has worked on two preamps for me, however both were SS. He up-graded a 7T for me and did a great job. I took him a Holman pre just to freshen up and clean the pots. As I understand it, T. Holman (the H in THX) designed it in the late '70's (?) while studying at MIT, and APT corporation built a few of them in the early 80's. If you think Merlin is Plain-Jane, you should see this one!

Point: Two or three days later, he called me all pumped up and raving about the build quility and circuit design. (I wouldn't know) Told me that he could see the beginnings of surround sound in the design and ask if he could take some liberties with it, and he did. He had hot-rodded the thing, gave me a replacement part list as long as my arm and charged me.................$50.00!!!! H*ll, his bench time was $45.00 per hour at the time! The pre sounded wonderful! I think that if he likes a unit, the repairs become a labor of love, he goes the second mile with it, and charges a small price because he enjoys working on it.

Take that for what it is worth. The above is from my experience only, and with SS not tubes. If someone in the know believes that the Holman is a POS, and the tech is nuts for flipping out over it, say so, and I will delete my recommendation.

tc

tc

Tony works for a Mac dealer and is a certified Mac tech. So many people were bringing in stuff for repair, that the store owner poo-pooed repairs on anything not sold there. So any contact must be made privately. He works SS and tubes, but his first love is vintage tube amps.

He has worked on two preamps for me, however both were SS. He up-graded a 7T for me and did a great job. I took him a Holman pre just to freshen up and clean the pots. As I understand it, T. Holman (the H in THX) designed it in the late '70's (?) while studying at MIT, and APT corporation built a few of them in the early 80's. If you think Merlin is Plain-Jane, you should see this one!

Point: Two or three days later, he called me all pumped up and raving about the build quility and circuit design. (I wouldn't know) Told me that he could see the beginnings of surround sound in the design and ask if he could take some liberties with it, and he did. He had hot-rodded the thing, gave me a replacement part list as long as my arm and charged me.................$50.00!!!! H*ll, his bench time was $45.00 per hour at the time! The pre sounded wonderful! I think that if he likes a unit, the repairs become a labor of love, he goes the second mile with it, and charges a small price because he enjoys working on it.

Take that for what it is worth. The above is from my experience only, and with SS not tubes. If someone in the know believes that the Holman is a POS, and the tech is nuts for flipping-out over it, say so, and I will delete my recommendation.

tc

I have a gentleman I have talked out of retirement to do some work.40 plus years experience tubes,solid state,guitar amps.Does only first class work,no shortcuts.Is working on some Mac and Marantz gear for me now.He is located in Mountain Home.I am reluctant to recommend people.This fellow is a craftsman.