BIG SCAM ON EBAY, don't be sucked in.

I sent Ebay a message about the listings. I have seen this happen before. In the last month, a lot of high end audio items have come up with a starting bid of $0.04. My bet is it is the same guy doing the scamming. He gets one or two takers in the scam...gets a few hundred bucks, then hi-jacks the person who just paids' User ID and then starts the whole process over again. He only needs to get two or three takers to send him some cash and can make a quick $2000 or $3000.

KAK

I am not an Ebayer but isn't a 99.4% score with 994 positives and only 2 negatives a good thing? [^o)]

In HT projection (and audio, and boats, and some of the other expensive hobbies of mine) I'll often see a 99.4% eBay seller of ceramic figurines or yarn, cross stitch, and knitting supplies suddenly post hundreds of 24 hour auctions within a minute or two, all for rare and expensive electronics items...

Very common ploy... this is the origin of the phishing emails "Your ebay account may have been compromised... Please click here to give us your actual login name and password and guarantee that your account will have been compromised!"

Note that I did not look at this item, seller, or history. Just supposition on my part...

I reported the same scam 16 times.

This is how it works: the guy sends you a email with a link to a web side looking like Ebay. In reality that link is a fake so if you typed your password in it , you just gave the scammer what he needed to gain access to your ebay account .Next he will hack your account an start selling fake items.

So how do you know if the auction is real?

First the starting price being extremely low is a good indication

Second they always want you to contact them outside of the Ebay email system ( usually using a gmail address).

Third, check how long the auction is, one day only is always a good indication of a fake, as well as if he has a lot of auctions listed with high priced items

If you find any combinations of those 3 or all of them in a auction chances are that it is a fake

If you have any doubts, check the feedbacks of the seller and see if the items he is selling are the same type of items that he usually sells,

then contact him through Ebay and see if you get an answer

Last step, report the auction to Ebay they are pretty quick to react and cancel the auction if it is a fake.

The best way to protect yourself is to don't do anything outsdie of ebay, including emails, even if the deal sounds good

Hope this help

Ebay has a tool that you download to your computer. It's called TurboLister. It lets you create all your listings on your computer for QA. It then lets you upload some or all of the items.

I'm not saying that this guy is or is not legit. But there is a way to upload to Ebay in one swell foop.

jerol