All Heritage HT

rcarlton

Several weeks ago I tried one of my extra Heresy II's as a center channel for my K-horn/LaScala HT. I was using an unmodified KLF-C7 (Legend Series). I have removed the KLF-C7 from the system. What convinced me was test tones, of all things. When setting the volume of the speakers with either the built in tones or with Video Essentials the KLF-C7 had a slightly different tone than the K-horns/LaScala's. Stuck the Heresy in the mix and the tones matched much closer. Tried it for a few weeks and preferred it to the KLF-C7. Built a shelf for it and was quite impressed with the sound on Roger Waters In the Flesh, Pink Floyd Pulse and Diana Krall Live in Paris. Did not sound so good on the Time Tunnel Volume 2 (mono TV series from 1966), Combat! (1962) sounds great.

home

post-18740-13819340176564_thumb.jpg

.... Built a shelf for it and was quite impressed with the sound on Roger Waters In the Flesh ...

Nice setup Ron. I couldn't help but laugh when you mentioned "In the Flesh" and Center channel sound. I remember one night after walking past my RC-7 while that disk was playing and thinking something was wrong because no sound was coming out. It wasn't until I called a friend and asked him to put in his disk that we found that not much Center info is recorded on it. [^o)]

Some people just don't understand the importance of matching timbre' until they hear it first hand for themselves, as stated over and over and over the KLF-C7, RC-7, and KV-4 will not match the Heritage speakers in timbre'. The Academy comes closer then them all however.

Congrats on your "upgrade"

I too had a C7 with Khorns in front, LaScala's in back. The speaker was off some in timbre. Also had a hard time keeping up the the Khorns.

I now have a single Cornwall sitting on top of my tv.

The sound is wonderful.

Paul

DAMN YOUR POOR TV

I HAVE A HERSEY WITH K-HORNS, I'LL POST A PIC SOON

STEVE

rcarlton

You might find that putting your Heresey upside down, will make it so the sound info gets to you better. The reason is, the Tweeters will be more at the same height and it will be noticable... (you may need to flip the logo.. no biggie.) Try it and get back to us.. LOL.

rcarlton

You might find that putting your Hersey upside down, will make it so the sound info gets to you better. The reason is, the Tweeters will be more at the same height and it will be noticable... (you may need to flip the logo.. no biggie.) Try it and get back to us.. LOL.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

rcarlton

You might find that putting your Heresey upside down, will make it so the sound info gets to you better. The reason is, the Tweeters will be more at the same height and it will be noticable... (you may need to flip the logo.. no biggie.) Try it and get back to us.. LOL.

Indy,

Out of curiosity, how do you remove the logo?

Is there any glue residue left on the grille cloth once it's removed?

What type of glue do you use to re-install it?

Bob,

The grill can be removed and put in upside down. It is held in place by Velcro. No need to mess with the logo.

Ron,

Maybe yours are different, but my Heresy 2's have the grille cloth glued to a board, and the board has "cut-outs" in it for the woofer and two horns. Can't just turn the grille upside down.

Also, my Heresy sits on it's side, so I'd like to move the logo to a horizontal orientation.

Bob

Bob,

The grill can be removed and put in upside down. It is held in place by Velcro. No need to mess with the logo.

Ron,

Maybe yours are different, but my Heresy 2's have the grille cloth glued to a board, and the board has "cut-outs" in it for the woofer and two horns. Can't just turn the grille upside down.

Also, my Heresy sits on it's side, so I'd like to move the logo to a horizontal orientation.

Bob

I love my Heresy 2 as my center for my CW 2's. I also put it upside down because it is on top of the tv and will just flip the grill when I get concerned about the looks. My thought is the woofer hole is big enough to let the highs and mids through which is what I am most concerned with for the center. The CW's and the SVS seem to give me almost enough bass.[;)]

rcarlton

If you want to mount it upside-sown and slanted down, here's a simple wall-mount for you:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/725372.aspx

• Moderators

Indy, I did the same thing, front L and R Forte ll is on shelves in the corners at the height if a cornwall. I put them upside down and just turned the grills upside down, it puts the horns about ear level and does sound better.