Is this a fish?

DrWho

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So are stingrays considered fish? "

Better be careful!!! [;)] That's how the Crocodile Guy got zapped!!![:S] LOLOLOL

What is a ray? What is a skate?

Rays and skates are dorsoventrally flattened fish that are closely related to sharks. All are considered to be within a closely related group of fish called elasmobranchs. Rays belong to three scientific orders - Pristiformes, Myliobatiformes, and Torpediniformes while skates are classified in the order Rajiformes.

Had a dorso-ventrally challenged cat once. We called him "Flat Cat". Tough little guy, did not have the heart to put him down. Friendly, etc., just flat, really flat.... He slithered about until he was about 3 months old, and all of sudden one day, his little body just "popped" out sorta normal. Looked like a cat version of a bulldog... But (I know, where am I going with this?...) he liked fish!!! [;)] Really, it's true!! [H]

• Moderators

Heck yes we catch flounder down here and BIG ones at that. I've caught flounder that made Doc's stingray look like a baby fish. I love baked flounder stuffed with crab meat and sliced lemons on top.....yummy!

I thought maybe flounder were a different classification than fish?????

Heck yes we catch flounder down here and BIG ones at that. I've caught flounder that made Doc's stingray look like a baby fish. I love baked flounder stuffed with crab meat and sliced lemons on top.....yummy!

I thought maybe flounder were a different classification than fish?????

There is fluke (summer flounder), flounder, turbot, hailbut etc

• Moderators

Many people have eaten Sting Ray and didn't know !

Seafood restaurants would use a 1" hole punch and cut out pieces of Sting Ray, batter and fry them and would pass them off as Scallops .