IT IS FAR WORSE THAN WE IMAGINED

BigStewMan

Mike Vick just pled guilty to the dog fighting charges. The man flushed a marvelous career and loads of money down the tank. He won't be able to sell used cars after this.

The last athelete to go to jail in his prime was probably Mike Tyson. His come back never really got off the ground though he did make some nice pocket change. If Vick serves 12-18 months as the plea seems to indicate how long before another coach decides to give him a shot at QB? Any bets out there?

Mike Vick just pled guilty to the dog fighting charges.   The man flushed a marvelous career and loads of money down the tank.  He won't be able to sell used cars after this.

The last athelete to go to jail in his prime was probably Mike Tyson.  His come back never really got off the ground though he did make some nice pocket change.  If Vick serves 12-18 months as the plea seems to indicate how long before another coach decides to give him a shot at QB?  Any bets out there?

In what country? 

I would guess that the penalty that will be imposed by the NFL will not run concurrently with that of the legal system. so one can easily imagine that he'll be out of football for at least three years. historically, i've been opposed to leagues adding their own punishment after the player has been through the legal system; however, i can understand how the commissioner and owners would not want to have to deal with PETA protests every Sunday. i read an article last week that said a high percentage (i can't recall the exact number they listed) of animals that were under the care of PETA were euthanized. i don't know too much about what they claim to be; however, they obviously have no objection to an animal's life being ended when they are footing the bill for board & care. a bit of hypocrisy maybe?

I would guess that the penalty that will be imposed by the NFL will not run concurrently with that of the legal system. so one can easily imagine that he'll be out of football for at least three years. historically, i've been opposed to leagues adding their own punishment after the player has been through the legal system; however, i can understand how the commissioner and owners would not want to have to deal with PETA protests every Sunday. i read an article last week that said a high percentage (i can't recall the exact number they listed) of animals that were under the care of PETA were euthanized. i don't know too much about what they claim to be; however, they obviously have no objection to an animal's life being ended when they are footing the bill for board & care. a bit of hypocrisy maybe?

I don't know Stew afterall it is all about the money[:(] Just like Tyson, you can take the thug out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the thug. Just like politicians it shows America and espescially it's youth that with enough money or executive privileage you are above the rest of American citizens[:#] I know, I know I should have moved this post over to BS[:o]