MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

With all due respect to other board members, I have to disagree with the censure of theEar. If he is to not mention other brands of gear, why not apply these rules to everyone else? This sub forum has all kinds of references to SVS, HGS, M&K, Velo, Etc. Even though he is a direct competitor, Tom V. is permitted to post words of praise for his fine Svs product on this Klipsch forum. I read this board a lot. I find it a very useful tool to gather information about Klipsch and other products as well. With out the many different opinions this place could get boring. Besides that, I was just getting ready to ask theEar a question about Sunfire subs. Now I guess that will have to wait. If I am wrong about this issue please let me know. ( I'm sure someone will, so let the flames begin. ) Jethro.......

------------------

Jethro,

You can still ask me anything about Sunfire subs(and verify I have these as well Wink.gif ).

I know most of the BB members are good folks,its just a minority who hate TheEAR with passion.And yes I am bothersome to some. Smile.gif

Above ALL I am a Klipsch fan and own MANY MANY Klipsch speakers.Never had any problems with any Klipsch product(besides the dent I made on the lower RF-7 woofer cwm23.gif ).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I also recently bought a LF-10 sub from Ubid and am having some problems w/ it. Has anybody heard of some of these subs having problems w/ very little output from the amp? Even when I have both the gains on it up all of the way and the sub output on my Denon AVR-3300 I still can hardly hear it over my KLF-30's. It also has a detectable air leak around one of the passive radiators. Frown.gif So far, Klipsch hasn't been of any help on getting some warrenty work done on it. Mad.gif Any ideas besides keep bothering them until they decide to fix it.....

Don't buckle your cones.

I did not see a heading about topics

just being related to Klipsch

speakers and uh.........amps.

I think anyone is entitled to brag about

what they want.

As long as it isn't misleading BS.

Theears knows Solid State amplifier design.

He has his favorite brands, but he still

knows what is what.

THANX!

deang. Your right, theEar is most resilient. In fact I believe he is more resilient than the best Krell or Bryston has to offer. A bit off topic but I noticed your comment about the Dahlquist DQ-10s on another thread. They are good speakers. I had a pair for 15 plus years. Never had anything but good comments about them. Even from all my Klipsch buddies. When are you getting the RF-7s?

TheEar or anyone who cares to comment. Due to space limitation I am considering A Sunfire sub, probably the jr. If after I live with jr. for a while & decide I need more punch I could then add a 2nd jr. How do two jrs. compare to one Sunfire true sub. I am not a total bass freak, but I do like to hear what is offered on the new dvds. I know that most will say I should just bring them home & try them out, but I live a long way from any real serious audio dealers. Will be using these with a pair of RF-7s or Dynaudio Audience 82s.

Thanks, Jethro

------------------

Jethro,

"Will be using these with a pair of RF-7s or Dynaudio Audience 82s."

If you want ultimate SPL,projected highs and mids, impact so powerful it can severe limbs the RF-7's are clear winners.And they are awesome for any electronic music that hits like a tonn of bricks and makes the Dynes almost nondynamic in comparison.

Dynaudio Audience 82's are more refined,much more natural highs and mids.Clean bass with no bumps in the overall freq. response.The Audience takes any Klipsch R series or KLF to school as far as musicality is concerned. Smile.gif And its damn true

If you listen to Jazz,Blues and other refined acoustic music the Dynes mop the floor with the brutish Klipsch.

No speakers do all best,they will please some better then others.You decide.

I decided too, and have both Dynaudio Contours and Klipsch Reference...oh an a single pair odf Spendors.

I have the best of both worlds brutish brute force of Klipsch and refined velvet reproduction of the Dynes(Spendor being quite similar).

What will it be? Klipsch or Dynaudio only you know.

Oh yes the new Dynaudio Confidence towers will arrive this year! These wonders borrow from the amazing Evidence Master and Evidence Temptation.

Here goes my "promise" to not bring Dynaudio back.

cwm27.gif

What ever you have enjoy it(ok if you own B0$e SHAME ON YOU you HATE music and should loose hearing Smile.gif )

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Teke_guy,

If you bought the LF-10 from ubid it is covered under the Klipsch warranty. All you need is your ubid sales invoice/receipt/packing slip that came with it.

I had a problem with the amp on my LF-10 after ~a year of owning it. I sent the defective amp to Klipsch and they sent me another one (or fixed the original one, I am not sure).

Call 1-800-KLIPSCH and get an RMA (if you emailed them, they don't seem to respond very promptly...if at all). I hope you kept your ubid invoice!

------------------

Ed W

This message has been edited by edster00 on 01-29-2002 at 01:57 PM

Thanks for the info ed. Yesterday I sent an e-mail about the level of service that I felt I was receiving, and they promptly responded with a ra #. Hopefully they'll fix it as fast as they responded once I let them know how I felt. I'm interested to see how a working LF-10 sounds, as the subs in my rp-3 towers sound pretty decent w/ a 440 watt amp.

TheEars. Thanks for your info about the Rf7 vs the Dane 82s. Yes I will be giving them a careful listen. I was set on the 7s till an old trusted stereo friend strongly suggested I come visit him to hear his 82s. Now Jethro will have to make the trip to the big city in the near future. I was surprised that you had no opinion about the sunfire sub question that I asked in my last message. Or did I get you so excited mentioning the the Dynaudios that perhaps you forgot to answer the sub question!? Thanks again. Jethro.....

------------------

Sorry I forgot the sub question. Wink.gif

Here is my take on this...

You should be fine with one Sunfire Jr. in a small room,its its a larger room get a Sunfire Mark II.If you have a large room by all means get the Signature and you quest for sub bass may very well be over.

The Sunfire Jr,has potent output down to 25Hz,the Mark II hits the near 20Hz mark and the Signature the near 16Hz mark with ease.

The eal surprise here is the new Carver Knight Shadow sub(yes its a Bob carver design and its as good quality)it will hit a near 20Hz and it costs less so you can get two and have great output and deep bass for a slim fast price.

I have all FOUR subs and plan to get the Sunfire Super Junior(its a higher output Jr.). Smile.gif

Yes all these FOUR subs work in my smaller HT setup as ONE mighty sub bass foundation for the RF-7's and company.Its AWESOME,damn my liver may be damaged. cwm3.gif

Yes I am a sub bass freak.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

TheEars. Thank you for the reply about the subs. Where can i find info about the Carver Knight shadow? Are the sunfire super jrs. out yet?

Now about that liver damage. Back in B.S. ( before subs ) we had to try to accomplish liver damage 12 ounces at a time. A lot of hard work involved using that method. It does seem it would be a lot less labor intensive to just sit back and let the subs do in the ole liver. We did almost manage to rattle some lungs loose using a pair of Khorns & a few shiny silver amps, (Phase L, or Crown) in a fairly small room. That was almost as loud as a Harley in a motel room. The Khorns were smoother in the highs & mids. The hog waxed the Horns in the total bass output department. The smoke detectors did try to fill in the highs that the hog was just not capable of producing. I thought they were kinda bright though.

Jethro........

------------------

Its sad to look at the Carver page,its not maintained at all,made by a newbie.Poor design and layout.Its pathetic and the Carver Knight Shadow is not even featured!And it was released over six months ago!

Bob Carver will not get any of my money if his company sites stink as bad as they do now.

Even the Sunfire webpage is pathetic.

Thank God Sunfire subs and amps are great.Their webpage stinks like rotten meat.

If you want to listen and see the Sunfire Knight Shadow go to a Carver/Sunfire dealer and ask for it.Any good Carver or Sunfire dealer must have one in stock,if not they dont deserve the brand.

Klipsch has the very finest webpage on the net.And a great BB to boot! Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears