New Cornwall III's Incoming...

strictlylespaul

• Moderators

Hello - yeah I was surprised at how helpful everyone has been

Don't let everyone fool you....we're all a bunch of putzes and now, you are one too!

[;)]

Congrats on your purchase. I like that you bought them without ever hearing them before!!

Coytee are you sure you don't want to change your choice of words?[*-)]

According to this: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/putzes some on this forum may take offense to your choice of words.[:o] See definition #2!!!!!

Or...are you just being your usual "troublemakin'" self?[;)]

I decided to go with the perennial favorite - Oiled Walnut. Couldn't find any Cherry examples.

I could post a pix of my Cherry H III's if you wanted. I think the Cherry is nice and warm and interesting looking. The light gloss lacquer is a splendid finish also.

Here is my Heresy III setup (Cherry). I have had mine now for 2 months - and man - your are in for some good sound. These babies just get better and better. The bass is getting fuller, smoother and deeper. That is with Heresy, I would expect Cornwall to be rock solid in the bottom. They are stunning on live music, try Eva Cassidy - Live At Blues Alley. Eva is there right in front of me. And they are family friendly ;) you don't have to crank them to get full dynamic sound, and saying that - I have not used my Sennheiser HD650 since these came into the house... Use a good tube amp. I'm running a 2x6,5W SET amplifier - its enough. Feed them with jazz, big-band, blues, they do deliver. Expect a good long period break in time. How my HIII will sound in a year I don't know, except from not worse...

Heresy; New setup

I'm one of those happy Klipsch customers...

I decided to go with the perennial favorite - Oiled Walnut. Couldn't find any Cherry examples.

I could post a pix of my Cherry H III's if you wanted. I think the Cherry is nice and warm and interesting looking. The light gloss lacquer is a splendid finish also.

Here is my Heresy III setup (Cherry). I have had mine now for 2 months - and man - your are in for some good sound. These babies just get better and better. The bass is getting fuller, smoother and deeper. That is with Heresy, I would expect Cornwall to be rock solid in the bottom. They are stunning on live music, try Eva Cassidy - Live At Blues Alley. Eva is there right in front of me. And they are family friendly ;) you don't have to crank them to get full dynamic sound, and saying that - I have not used my Sennheiser HD650 since these came into the house... Use a good tube amp. I'm running a 2x6,5W SET amplifier - its enough. Feed them with jazz, big-band, blues, they do deliver. Expect a good long period break in time. How my HIII will sound in a year I don't know, except from not worse...

Heresy; New setup

Your set up and room is top notch!

Heresy; New setup

Nice post, and very nice setup/room! And, yes, Heresys/Klipsch love tubes!

Chip

Hey Chip, you're going to love those cornwalls, really a slice of heaven. However, unless I'm severely out of touch, I would refrain from oiling up your new cornwalls. All 3 of Klipsch's current heritage finishes are lacquer. No Oil in the lineup. Who told you you could get oiled Walnut new?

Kimball

Coytee are you sure you don't want to change your choice of words?[*-)]

According to this: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/putzes some on this forum may take offense to your choice of words.[:o] See definition #2!!!!!

Or...are you just being your usual "troublemakin'" self?[;)]

Seeing as we have several fine women on this site, doesn't that preclude the use of option 2 as a use of the word? [*-)]... now... had I intended it to possibly BE the second use of the word, I would have said we're all a bunch of putezes AND putezettets...[:o] [6]...

• Moderators

Nice choice !

Want to see how they are hand made ?

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/index.html

Very nice choice of speakers. One can never go wrong with real wood.

Dtel. I really like the pictures of the Corwalls being made. Are these pictures of your Cornwalls? That'd be even cooler.

Yes it was, also each person signed a certificate that was given to us when we picked them up, with a DVD that had all the pic's of them being built !

This is when the went home with us. http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/home/index.html.

• Moderators

Yep it was fun, but it was very hard to drive from Hope AR all the way to south Mississippi with New Clll's in the back of the Jeep ! I couldn't wait to get home to listen to them, but have made up for it since then. [N]

How many companies put on visits to the plant, offices and Engineering labs, with demonstrations and get together's for it's fan's , and give away prizes?................. I don't know of any, at least any I would care to see except Klipsch.