You and your speakers..

When I was a teenager my parents always said "Turn that music down...it's too loud".

Now that I'm a parent my kids say "Dad....turn that music down.....it's too loud".

My daughter asks me to turn it down, too, and she's 33! What's the matter with kids these days? Oh, well, her boyfriend just turned me on to the band called Tortoise, so it's not all bad.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All four of my kids (aged 29, 27, 24, 22) ask me to turn it down. My oldest is a musician and had a band: he still thinks that I play music too loud.

Finally, soon to arrive at The Source in Canada, a decibel meter, then I will know how loud I listen to my system.

Finally, soon to arrive at The Source in Canada, a decibel meter, then I will know how loud I listen to my system.

You can order a Radio Shack decibel meter from their international desk and they'll mail it to Canada. The digital meter SKU is 33-2055. You can check www.RadioShack.com or call 800-223-8344. Hazel handles most of the orders.

Damon said, "My daughter loves the movie room. She doesn't want to watch anything

upstairs on the HDTV anymore, she wants the "real" system downstairs."

It's funny you say that too. Maybe a build it, they will come thing....LOL

There is nothing more cool than to have your kid get a movie they cherish and go, "Daddy... Can we watch it WITH you and Mommie in the Theater?

The animated ones are just amazing most of the time.. Disney and Barbie (Yes, I know, laugh now...) Have really invested in great sound effects, sweet sappy stories with good endings. As a side note... I had lunch with my daughter this week, (She is in Kindergarten) a kid comes up in her class and asks... Do you really have a movie theater with a ticket booth in your house???? I said , Yes. He was Like "Snap, that is soooo cool!" Not so sure what snap means.... But I understand cool!

• Moderators

"Like "Snap, that is soooo cool!" Not so sure what snap means.... But I understand cool!"

Indy, that means Da**, that is so cool or Darn that is so cool or Dang that is so cool. We actually caught Buddy (catching himself) saying "da**", once he caught himself a few times he changed to "Snap".

Sure beats the curse word!

YAAAAYYYY

Thank you Emma! That is such a pretty picture. I like how all my speakers are different and there are so many of them.

You even drew me smiling and that makes me happy. Your phone call made me smile too.

I like the red cape - it makes me feel like SuperSammy! (ask your Daddy who that is)

Your friend,

Michael

• Moderators

Is that a "Rock Star" outfit? Or is it his Super"Klipsch"Man cape? He is able to leap stacked MWM's in a single bound.....

Steve

edit: Dtel did you notice that was your 2000 post? Also my 1400 post.

Never noticed, couldn't have happened on a better thread !