Ask The Blues Brothers

thebes

For some time now I think we've been relying to much on our inside experts to answer the pressing audio questions of the day. Searching about I've managed to track down a couple of old buddies, Joilet Jake and his brother Elwood, collectively know as the Blues Brothers.

There's something about two guys who will speed down a road in the middle of the night wearing really dark shades that is confidence inspiring . They've agreed to respond to a question or two so I thought I'd start if off:

I believe fancy high priced speaker wire will make my system sound better. Do you agree?

Oh by the way, they can get a little lazy in responding so feel free to borrow their pic and respond in a Blues Brothers like fashion.

[Jake] I ran outta gas! I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from outta town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!! It wasn't my fault I swear to God!!!

And now people. And now people. When I woke up this morning, I heard a
disturbing sound. I said when I woke up this morning, I heard a
disturbing sound. What I heard was the jingle-jangle of a thousand lost
souls, departed from this life.
Don't be lost when the time comes, for the day of the Lord cometh like a thief in the night. -- Rev. Cleophus James (Brown)

and oh yeh, wire is wire. come on.

post-11993-13819348663336_thumb.jpg

What kind of music do you usually have here?

Claire:

Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

What I loved about the above quote was those that have no clue, got a good laugh... And those that DO know the difference, did too! What about Bluegrass too?

As for chicken wire.. As a college kid, I was the lead singer in a top 40 cover type band.. Think Loverboy, Mellencamp, Tom Petty, 80's type "one hit wonder" music that was fun! (yes where people drank beer and danced too.... hehehehehe) Anyhow, we got booked in a small town once in a bar that was not a good fit for us, music wise. Some drunk kept yelling in the second set FREEBIRD!! We did not know it..... I said from the stage... "OK, We will play "Freebird" when you dance like Michael Jackson!! He was really drunk... He jumps up on stage... Does a very bad rendition of Michael Jackson dancing... as the bass player and drummer and keys... start into "Billy Jean" and we had a good laugh, and someone through a empty can of beer at him hahahaha I "understood" the chicken wire thing.. hehehehehehe

So to be fair..The guitar player starts into the "Freebird" song. (Thank goodness he kinda knew it...) .... Bass player and drummer followed with some interesting keys too..... I improvised... I know it sucked.. They all laughed at us..too... Trying to please them.. For the rest of the night they put up with our choices in songs and danced.... and drank a lot of beer.. And Mister Michael Jackson was our best friend... hahahahahaha Everything worked out. Before that moment.. it was a tough crowd, trust me! We were asked back.. but kindly moved on.. I would of had to really learn all the words to Freebird, and the song which sounds simple enough..is actually quite hard... You need to have two guitarists and two drummers... hahahahahahaha

Now "Rawhide"... We knew that one!

Enjoy!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QbN2O94AdG4

Great story Indy. Don't know the lyrics to Freebird but I got Rawhide memorized:

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin',

Though they're disapprovin',

Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em,

Just rope and throw and grab 'em,

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

Boy my heart's calculatin'

My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em out,

Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!

Set 'em out, ride 'em in

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Full Lyrics

Rollin', rollin', rollin'

Rawhide!