30 Hz horns

Islander

I don't get the point of trying to maintain an accurate area expansion rate when you go throw other speakers in the mouth of the horn...Doesn't that kinda defeat the entire purpose of the horn? Has anyone heard any of these systems?

I'm sure those big horn systems sound really good, but it does seem odd to place the smaller horns and their stands in front of the bass horns. It's not likely to improve the sound and there seemed to be enough space with the Goto horn setup to move the smaller units out of the way.

Hmm, now that I think about it for a minute, maybe the idea is to try to put the drivers on a common axis, to try for a point-source effect, as much as would be possible with those big horns.

I've been really curious about good size bass horns with little or no folding for a while now. Haven't heard anything yet, though.

I say if you're allowed to, why not? Well, I for one have too much stuff in the room to even do the work necessary to set up a large scale system, but I sure don't have anything against it. Steve Schell had some interesting bass horns that he's posted photos of and they are tempting.