JamFest JubeFest LaScalaFest in TN??

Coytee

Ok... this is ONLY an idea at this stage and unfortunatly I don't have any pictures (yet) to give you a flavor of what I'm speaking of...

I live in the middle of 250 acres and the 'farm' is 100% surrounded by woods and on the other side of the woods is a lake. Point being I do NOT have any neighbors too close to me. Those that are 'near' still live on the other side of the lake and or woods. I'm fairly isolated. To give an idea, here's some old pics in a thread http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/730166.aspx They show the area near my house but I'm talking about having this on the 'back' side of the farm, not shown in the pics.

I was out cutting some of the fields last week and later when walking the dogs through the same fields kind of thought how nice the fields looked... then an image of Woodstock hit me and also the guy who had the LaScalas out in the desert...

Got to thinking about the possiblity of having a Jamfest with the Jubilees out in one of the fields (and maybe drag the LaScalas out with them)

Some logistical issues with power (need generator) but I envisioned setting up station in one of the fields, speakers 20', 30' 100' ?? apart and having a grill over to the side with a cooler full of goodies.

By having it outside, any room issues are put to rest... being in the middle of (freaking) nowhere, VOLUME wouldn't be much of an issue [A]) and a table could be set up so various amps/pres could be used.

It's just at the thought stage... would it be a full day Saturday? Fri/Sat/Sun? Sat/Sun?? Would people want/mind staying in hotel in town? Would people (some like Buckster) want to pitch a tent and camp out?[:^)]

The thought of "why" to do this is several fold... "why not" first comes to mind!, second... a chance to hear the Jubilees and/or LaScalas outdoors without any room interference, a time to let them RIP and see just how they DO sound when their muscles are flexed without again, overbearing room issues coming into play. I guess I could concoct some other goofy reason but for me it would be just for the sake of jamming [:D] and having fun doing it.

So, for the sake of conversation, what say you? Stupid idea? Fantastic? I wonder if it happened, how many might want to show if given enough notice?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys live so far away? Asked the apartment-dwelling Scala owner with the 500Wpc amp...

It would be a real treat to hear those speakers working to their potential. Lord knows, mine never get the chance. Well, volume-wise, at least.

No date as of yet... all I'm doing now is using the forum as a sounding board to see if the idea is a brick or more ideal, like Amy's duck.

I was thinking next summer so the weather would be warm and it might extend into the evening. We've got Klipschfest which I think is in Indy next summer (?) to worry about too. Then ColterFest...[Y]

Richard,

I see your cooking up some cat in that fancy stew pot! Count me in!!!

Ok, so we have one whole cat and two scoops of Phil in the fancy stew pot... flush 3 times and dip the servings out during the swirl stage...

[+o(]

No date as of yet... all I'm doing now is using the forum as a sounding board to see if the idea is a brick or more ideal, like Amy's duck.

I was thinking next summer so the weather would be warm and it might extend into the evening. We've got Klipschfest which I think is in Indy next summer (?) to worry about too. Then ColterFest...[Y]

Richard.

Why don't you do it in the cooler months so that you can have a fire....no bugs....

Do you have a long flatbed trailor? You could load ALL the equipment on the flatbed and use the tractor to pull the equipment to location you wanted the sound setup (strap it down). Just leave everything on the flatbed as the setup...kinda like a stage....keep eveything off the ground...easily cover up if rains.

When you done....pull it all back to the house.

I thought of pulling out some of my klipsch pro stuff for an outdoor party like this.

jc

• Moderators

Okay, we are always in for a trip to TN...I mean it is my favorite state! But I am with JC, cooler months....like when it snows![;)]

I know someplace we can get a really big tent....and I know someone that could climb the poles (Trey)! Just kiddin...but we could always rent some kind of tent to put the equipment/people under in the event of inclement weather....like snow![;)]

Actually, I have never seen TN in springtime.

Not that it matters but we are already scheduled for a cruise from April 28 to May 7 of 2008. So...please, please figure sometime besides those dates!

BTW, very cool idea![H]