JamFest JubeFest LaScalaFest in TN??

Coytee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, for anyone who's intrigued on the idea... there are other issues to think through...

When: early Sept? early Oct?

Where to stay? People who love to camp out COULD indeed, pitch a tent as there's plenty of room. I won't have that much room for a handful of people in the house unless sleeping on tile floors is fun (wife will be up in arms about that). There are a couple small hotels in town but that is about 18 miles away (although I drive it PLUS more, daily)

Facilities: We're in the woods so that will help in part [:$], I'll have 2 1/2 bathrooms done by then but it's a nice walk to the house. Could always dig a pit (nice thing about owning a backhoe), put a board over it...well, never mind.

Food: Just keep a grill smoking? Drive into town & crash one of the couple places to eat?

Equipment?: Would this be for various people to try to audition equipment? (I'm not against that). Rather than it be a critical listening session, I'd like to see it more as a social event with more of a "jam fest" going on. I was once at a criticial listening session and we listened to a single CD over & over. Indeed, we actually listened to about 5 songs off the CD over & over & over & over until blue in the face. There were a couple at this guys place who simply wanted to crank it up and others of course, who were into the criticial part... My vote would be more for jamming (say 80%) and critical listening for the balance rather than the other way around.

Dunno... tis why I'm looking for thoughts as to "why" to do it other than to have a JubeStock.

People would NOT want to drive their cars too close to this area. Well...now that I think about it, it's not like it's a mine field BUT some of the fields were pastures and have some ruts/holes in them. Trucks are NO problem at all. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend. I'd do it tonight but I've got a seminar tonight.

And JacksonBart, I told Hattie (Sugarlips) about you and when I did, she lurched forward as though in attack mode giving me this MEAN looking look, like she was ready to kick your hiney! [:o] You've been warned! [&] Fortunately, I was able to get a picture of her in attack mode...

post-15072-13819349230558_thumb.jpg

If you really want to Jam like an outdoor rock concert type Jam you better get about 10 Jubs for each channel and about 10000 watts [;)] But regardless this sounds interesting I'd have to make the trip.

Or, we could just put your sleeping bag 3 feet away from them... I hear the K402 makes a GREAT tent!!

Dee, yes. I live in Greenback and work in Knoxville. If you look at a map and see Knoxville, look for I-75 north/south and just below Knoxville you will find Lenoir City. Greenback is east of Lenoir City (I drive through LC every day on way to work in Knoxville). I really DO live past where the cows flatulate [:|]. (can I say flatulate on a public forum? [:$])

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Piranha, as far as Im concerned, anyone that wanted to show would be welcome... if we had anyone get TOO rowdy or troublesome, the farm is big enough and I DO have heavy earth moving equipment (backhoe digging to 15 feet) where we could hide their body and theyd never be found...remember, this IS East Tennessee....[:^)]

Bart: This is why I bring up the thought now. Its something that I think would be fun to do, not without some challenge (logistics, rain... testy guard dogs... toilets that wont flush (see cat) )

Late spring is best. Less chances of rain and the bugs are down. Think late April or early May. Forget June, July, August -- just too damn hot and the mosquitoes are out in force. Best camping weather is in the fall -- how about this weekend?:)

I don't think the Jubilees are bulletproof, lol! I'm all tapped out on the weapons side of the house, I'm down to one knife -- so you'll have to whittle on the bass bins.:)

Heck with the Jubilees -- we'll need Colter to haul that deal out of the front of his garage. Jubilees are for small rooms.

Great idea. I just went to Mapquest and found that Wilmington to Greenback is 495 miles. About an 8 hour drive. I'll see if I can talk Tarheel into it. We could bring his tent, my smoker grill and a couple of coolers full of beer and ribs.

Oh God, that's a daily double .................. "Let the Sweet Lord shine a light on you, Make every song you sing, your favorite tune"......... Let's educate the masses, Exile on Main Street... Indeed ................. 500 Mac Watts and a set of Jubes ............ Oh Boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAH, I'll meet Jacksonbart in PA and ride down with him, I'm a Heaven's Devil ......................... EH !!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of a daily double.....you guys serious? Thats a long ride......ever been south of the Mason Dixon line? You fellows make it and so will I. I may have one more wild weekend left in me before checking into the retirement home....but bluesboy and I couldn't fit in my one man backpacking tent on a dare.

My wife and I were in Knoxville in early September passing through from our driving vacation in the corvette. Took about 6 hours to get there from Memphis. Stayed in the downtown Marriot, the A shaped one with the large interior atrium near the baseketball hall of fame. From there hit Staunton VA. Not sure the vette has enough room for beer for OB and myself however.

NAH, I'll meet Jacksonbart in PA and ride down with him, I'm a Heaven's Devil ......................... EH !!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of a daily double.....you guys serious? Thats a long ride......ever been south of the Mason Dixon line? You fellows make it and so will I. I may have one more wild weekend left in me before checking into the retirement home....but bluesboy and I couldn't fit in my one man backpacking tent on a dare.

Allright......so we'll get a bigger tent. Or you can have the the tent. I'll sleep under the stars.