JamFest JubeFest LaScalaFest in TN??

Coytee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JacksonBart ............. I've been losing weight, and we can get beer down there, so, I'll fit in the Vette ........... Do you live anywhere near Fogelsville, Pa. ?

Tarheel, Bluesboy,.............. Not definate that I'm going, that's pretty far out for me to plan anything, but the thought of meeting you Guys sweetens the pot, I guess I could put up with Coytee's constant bragging about his "big Jubes" as long as we could blast some STONES through them. Gee, now that I think of it, I spent many a night, and sunrise, wandering around the fields, with music blaring in my 20's, probably have one or two more in me.......... to qoute a Traffic song,"Who knows what tommorow may bring" ....................

What about Harryo ................. You out there Bud .............. What do ya' think Harry ????????

JB, can't you get a U Haul or something?

OK GUYS....let's think about this. I've got a Dodge Ram 2500....I'm sure I can get the booze there. We'll have to form a "CONVOY". It'll be cool, we'll all play the song driving down the road!

I'm just looking forward to "Stew Kitty"!

Richard, I think if we all bring your wife a gift, she will eventially forgive you and maybe even allow you back in the house!

Phil.....where does the convoy start? I don't see where our routes converge till we get into Tenn. You could drop down to Winston Salem and we can meet there. We don't have to decide today.....just wondering. Plan on camping....it will be fun.

Bart.....get Bucky there and we will take care of your beer. How much could two guys drink in 24 hours[^o)]

I've already got that weekend on my calender[:^)]

Count me in. I'll come if I can. I live about an hour north of Indy so TN is a sane weekend trip.

Won't even bother me too much if we listen to Marie ... as long as we can listen to other things as well. Of course we might find we like Marie reproduced on Jubs. Maybe really like Marie... [:o]

Visited the thread from your landscaping post. Beautiful place you have there. Haven't actually been so isolated since I visited my aunt and uncle in northern Wisconsin a few years back on their 320 acre piece of wilderness. It's really nice once in a while to be able to hear only the sounds of nature.

Being in the middle of nowhere with no distractions, listening to some really great tunes with some of the nicest, craziest, and fun loving people I've ever met sounds like too much fun to pass up.

Coytee, you said you would need a generator, I have one we could use but they are not quiet.

Also a generator is not the best for sensitive electronics, they do OK but not a constant voltage.

Then, as far as I know, that might be a problem? Any of you Ingineer type here know a way to fix this issue? We'd need some kind of power source that would give good power to our beloved tube (and solid state) amps. My current thinking is, get a generator and maybe shove it into the woods as far as we can, hoping the foliage might help mask its noise. Any merit in that idea? Then we could use some heavy extension cord to bring the power out. We could get a 12 g cord... (maybe a 10 g?) I already have a 100' 12g extension but I don't know if/how that might be an issue.

Tarheel, as for "that weekend", has that been figured out yet? lol If this were to happen, it would be great if the time frame would accomodate the most people of course.

OB, I am due south from Folelsville, south of Pottstown but north of Exton PA. Basically the shortest route is 81 to 40. Congrats on loosing wieght, gotta get back on the fitness life style myself.

Jacksonbart I see where you are ......................... Fitness has nothing to do with weight loss, don't really know what's happening with that............

COYTEE .................... Maybe you'll have to run Solid State and forget the Tubes with a generator

Coytee, you said you would need a generator, I have one we could use but they are not quiet.

Also a generator is not the best for sensitive electronics, they do OK but not a constant voltage.

Then, as far as I know, that might be a problem? Any of you Ingineer type here know a way to fix this issue? We'd need some kind of power source that would give good power to our beloved tube (and solid state) amps. My current thinking is, get a generator and maybe shove it into the woods as far as we can, hoping the foliage might help mask its noise. Any merit in that idea? Then we could use some heavy extension cord to bring the power out. We could get a 12 g cord... (maybe a 10 g?) I already have a 100' 12g extension but I don't know if/how that might be an issue.

Tarheel, as for "that weekend", has that been figured out yet? lol If this were to happen, it would be great if the time frame would accomodate the most people of course.

As luck would have it my schedule is completely open for 2008....I don't plan too far ahead.....no busy social calendar like OB.

Will Mark be providing JM sweatshirts for all participates? Mark....make mine a large please.

I've been talking on the internet to a sweet young thang near Knoxville, so I'm all about travelling down south. The sooner the better. [;)]

You wanna let me know who/where she is?

Oh wait...(slapping self) I'm married....

never mind...

[:$]

I've been talking on the internet to a sweet young thang near Knoxville, so I'm all about travelling down south. The sooner the better. [;)]

You wanna let me know who/where she is?

Oh wait...(slapping self) I'm married....

never mind...

[:$]

Oh God! Michael's in love. I guess he'll want to hear the Comodores all weekend.....

• Moderators

Coytee,

The first weekend in November of every year Buddy performs at the Picayune Street Fair with his martial arts school. This year he will be performing on stage the weekend of November 3, 2007. So please try to schedule around the first weekend in November if possible.

I have to tell you....I told dtel's daughter about JubStock last night. Buddy said..."JubStock....I want to go to that!" dtel's daughter (his mother said)...."Buddy you don't even know what JubStock is!" Buddy said, "Yes I do there will be a lot of Jubs there!". His mom said, "Yea, well you don't know what Jubs are?" Buddy said, "Geez, yes I do they are big speakers...what do you think they are?" I think the Jubs made a huge impression on him![:D]

Then Buddy said..."Besides JubStock will be in TN....you know that's my favorite place!" Smart kid!

Ok, here are some pictures to taunt you.

This pic is from in front of my house, looking to the right. See the grass WAY in the background?... well that's not the spot. The next picture will be from near the far grass, looking back to where I now stand.

post-15072-13819349255818_thumb.jpg

(not that anyone REALLY cares mind you... but...)

If you see the two 'white' spots on the treeline on the left side of the pic. The FAR white spot is where I was. I live beyond that, on the left. That far field is in front of my house.

post-15072-13819349256688_thumb.jpg

Ok...now we go (hows that song go?) over the river & through the woods....

This is around the bend, up the hill, through another field.

I sort of see this first visible field as a possible "parking lot". Keeping cars on THIS side of the fence/tree line and going on foot the rest of the way.

post-15072-13819349257518_thumb.jpg

Ok, so this is breaking out into the "big" field. In the distance you can see another field which is under consideration. The far field has a slope to it and I don't know if that would be good or bad (ie, do we want to be on a flat plane with speakers or prefer sort of an ampitheater?)

post-15072-13819349258358_thumb.jpg