Best Dressed System

SCOOTERDOG

Where can I get a rack system like that for my system? I have looked at a Belkin offering, but the unit costs ~$400 for the frame only (without shelves, etc). Crazy prices for a basic frame...

That's actually pretty cheap for a frame. I build datacenters... EVERYTHING is rack mounted - and the good stuff that can take hundreds of pounds of load costs a bundle. Cheap stuff WILL bend and the holes will strip and crossthread. Blackbox and Mayline are the companies whose products I use the most - and the end result looks like the one pictured above - but for networking racks and server racks. Each of those cables were custom cut to length - and likely cannot be moved without being completely replaced. I will post up some images later of my latest wiring rack...

Lot's a ties usually creates a huge hassle each time you need to change one wire out or when doing troubleshooting or an updgrade of any kind. There's not nearly as many ties but, I think you'll still find this cabinet to be fairly neat and organized with power cords separated on the left from video signal lines in the middle and audio paths on the right. Here's a stitched-together view of the back of my HT's rack:

post-10177-13819349389738_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The back of my system looks more like the box in my attic with my Christmas lights all tangled up and all[:|]

Paul

I know what your talking about, but without all the nice lights, I hate to even look back there. [:S]

You might want to look at the rack products and accessories from Middle Atlantic Products.

Buying knocked down racks makes sense from a shipping cost standpoint. Shipping a six-foot rack via motor freight can cost about as much as the rack itself!

If you are handy with woodworking, consider building the rack as a box 19 1/16" wide and as tall as you need. Buy a pair of rack rails which are tapped with 10-32 holes at the length you need. The link shows a few MAP rails offered by Full Compass.

http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/MID/Rack-Rails.html

Lee