Banana plugs!

shawnd77

The single banana plugs fit in new Klipsch speakers - the fixed-width dual plugs do not - they are too wide. Had the same thing happen with mine... turns out they are also too wide to fit in the back of the HK receiver... Apparently someone forgot to tell the manufacturers of the plugs when the standard had changed... :|

Posted Image

The dual standard did not change. Europe uses them for A/C and in an effort to not have 120 VAC cranked through our speakers we have changed the spacing.

Solution: go back to bare wire or utilize single banana ends.

Yes I wish we would all standardize. Wait til you see the Icon- geesh!

The dual standard did not change. Europe uses them for A/C and in an effort to not have 120 VAC cranked through our speakers we have changed the spacing.

The resemblance between banana plugs and European power cord prongs is what led to BFA plugs. BFA is British Federation of Audio and the "safer" plugs may even work better, since their straight surfaces have more metal-to-metal contact area than the curved surfaces of banana plugs.

You can see what they look like here: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKs-BP .

BFA plugs fit standard binding posts just fine, although you sometimes have to squeeze or expand them for optimum tightness. I've used them for a couple of years and prefer them to bananas.