La Scalla II

Buddy72079

I'm new to this forum and have a question. Vann's is selling La Scallas II that they say the wood is not "grain matched". Has anyone purchased one of these? Is the non matched grain that noticible? The price is $1000 +/- off regular price. It sounds like a good deal if perfection is not a must.

Why is it just the Ls Scalla that they are selling as "non grain matched"? Would the serial number indicate that it is "non grain matched"? If one was to purchase one of these "factory specials" on the used market, how would one know they were "factory specials"?

Thanks

Why not call them up and ask?

If I thought I could trust "them", I would do just that. Some people will believe whatever they are told by a salesman. I wanted to get advise from people on this forum who might have had experience with this vendor. Nine times out of ten the "order taker" who answers the phone does not know what he had for breakfast.

• 1 month later...

I've got a suggestion.

Since you plan on buying speakers "Sight unseen", why not go to your local "Brick and Mortar" store. Show them the deal that Vann's is offering and ask them to meet or beat the deal, and you'll wait for them to order and deliver them.

This will do two things, One. You'll be supporting YOUR local economy, and help your local High Fi store stay in business for a little longer.

And Two. You'll get the peace of mind knowing that If you have a warranty issue, you can walk right in and get face to face service.

I truly think that any dealer that doesn't have to buy the product and take a chance on it sitting on the floor for an extended period of time would be willing to take less for a guaranteed sale.

IMHO

Whoops, I just noticed that you already took delivery, first of all Congrats. Second, please consider your second set with the above mentioned paramaters in mind.

plummer...excellent advice...I try to do this as well...I have almost never gotten them to bite..."not the same product"..."must be a closeout"..."must be a return"...not authorized..."...Sears has been pretty good at beating the competition (I have bought three televisions from them this way)...good luck,

Bill

The back label states LSII B stock. Like I said, they look great, I can't tell what would be wrong with them. As soon as I figure out how to post some pics I will Confused

I assume they would be great shape. I had looked at that site amny times and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

The picture of the "B" Stock label is just interesting. But we would all like to see your setup.

jc