Ok....how many Blue Man Groups are there???

Tom Adams

So I get this alert from Ticketmaster and see something about the Blue Man Group performing in Atlanta and I think, "What the hey???? I was just looking at the Universal Studios Orlando website yesterday and it said that the BMG was performing there." So I go to Universal's website and sure enough, on November 18th they're doing two shows. Yet they're also doing a show in Atlanta on the 18th. What the hell is THAT all about????

Tom

Having seen them in Vegas a couple times and in Chicago and their travelling show here in KNoxville... my understanding is this:

In the beginning there were three BMG (perhaps 4). They were putting their shows on and one day one of them fell ill. The show had to continue but what to do?

One of the band members said he thought he could fill in for the sick one and so he tried. Seems it was a success as the crowd never knew the difference. That sparked the idea in one of the members that in a sense, they are "unknown" and to that degree... maybe he could duplicate the show elsewhere.

Today as I understand it...there are 20? 30? "Blue Men" putting on shows in static places like Vegas or Chicago (and I think Boston?)

If you see them 2 nights in a row like I did (was with different groups of people all who wanted to go)

Anyways, if you see them 2 nights in a row, you will probably NOT see the same performers each night. That is exactly what happened to me. So, although the show might be twice a day, everyday (in Vegas), the actual cast putting on the show is different.

That help any?

BTW, if you have their DVD, the show is essentially the same and in MY experience, was a big letdown compared to the DVD. If you see the show & like it, then GET the DVD because it will be even better than the show (as done here in Knoxville)

Side comment... I have also read that when they do their tryouts, they turn down many (otherwise) accomplished drummers because their style is so different that a "traditional" drummer, might have difficulty dealing with how they play.

Anyone remember the Simpson's episode when Homer realized he could clone himself with his "magical hammock"?

Fini, I mean an actual hammock hung between 2 trees, not your "magical hammock" that good Saturdays are all about...

The Homer population exploded, and raked the lawn, cooked breakfast, and gave Marge back-rubs, until they realized they could gang up on and overpower the "original".