Forgotten 80's rock bands.

m00n

Alot of SKA Bands there flannj .................. was it Ian Duray and the Blockheads ............. Dread Zeppelin ........... ROOT BOY SLIM and the sex change Band ....... I don't really miss 80's music, but there were some good groups that got over looked .............. Foghat, in their prime ...............

Okay; here's a band that I've been trying to remember the name of for quite a while.  Late '70s or early '80s German rock band, put out one album with a picture of a sailing ship falling off the edge of the earth.  Sang a song called, I believe, "Between the Lines":

"... so if you should read my book,

sure won't take much time,

make your way from page to page.

It's all between the lines."

Anybody?

Thanks,

Greg

Moon,

Great topic and one that I am very familiar with as I am a 80's nut myself.

I have that Kingdom Come cd as well and they really got a bad rap for sounding so much like Zepplin..so much so they were labeled "Kingdom Clone" back in the day.

Some great band mentioned already but I'll add to the list.

Accept/Alien/Asia/Babylon AD/Jon Butcher Axis/Bangalore Choir/Cinderella/Danger Danger/Europe/Guiffria/Hugo/Keel/Yngwie Malmsteen/Shotgun Messiah/MSG & McAuley Shenker Group/Gary Moore/Vinny Moore/Rainbow/Rough Cutt/Savatage/Shadow King/Billy Squier/Stryper/The Storm/Survivor/Tesla/Ten/TNT/Triumph/Twisted Sister/Vandenberg/Victory/Vinnie Vincent.

Ahhh..the memories!

Jeff

Okay; here's a band that I've been trying to remember the name of for quite a while. Late '70s or early '80s German rock band, put out one album with a picture of a sailing ship falling off the edge of the earth. Sang a song called, I believe, "Between the Lines":

"... so if you should read my book,

sure won't take much time,

make your way from page to page.

It's all between the lines."

Anybody?

Thanks,

Greg

That group was "Lake" and the name of song was "Between the Lines". The group was around from about 76 through the mid 80's; there were apparently a number of LP's made, but only one LP was released in the US and it was, if I recall, a double LP "Paradise Island". The "Between The Lines" song is on that album. There are, however, a couple CD's including "Lake-II", floating around on eBay. Amazon also has a couple CD's including "Ouch" and a "Best Of". They are imports from Germany (Columbia was the distributor).

Hope that helps you out.