Home Heating Oil

oldbuckster

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand new high efficiency gas fired boiler and clean, non drying, QUIET hydronic heat. mmmmm toasty mmmmm

14" of blown in cellulose in the attic and urethane on the crawl space walls helps too!

I dropped my gas bills about 50% and decreased road and air traffic noise tremendously for about $3500 last year.

Michael

I got me one of them global warming, outdoor wood boilers. works great.

If we find out that I am a god and I can control the climate on global scale, I want to do my part to make Maine a warmer place to live!!!!!

Also it will burn ANYTHING so I do way less cutting of wood I just take junk wood that other people are ready to throw out..... sweet

I love the fact that when Mt Saint Helen blew it sent as much pollution and green house gases that man has made in the last 100 years up into the atmosphere.

Brac ................ No piles and piles of humidity, alteast I never noticed any, lack of humidity maybe, but that's normal during heating season.......

propane and natural gas turn into carbon monoxide and water vapour with heat

that's .. Carbon Di- Oxide .... , Jay ...

there is carbon monoxide but i believe most propane has a catalyst that converts to dioxide

wikipedia

Propane undergoes combustion reactions in a similar fashion to other alkanes. In the presence of excess oxygen, propane burns to form water and carbon dioxide.

C3H8 + 5O2 ? 3CO2 + 4H2O + heat

When not enough oxygen is present for complete combustion, propane burns to form water and carbon monoxide.

2C3H8 + 7O2 ? 6CO + 8H2O + heat

The stuff that Mt. Saint Helens blows into the atmosphere does not let the sunlight through and reflects it back, actually causing the Earth to cool down. CO2 lets the sunlight through and does not let the heat escape causing the Earth to heat up. If the super volcano Yellowstone blows it will send the Earth into an ice age for 2000 years and eliminate the human race. It blows every 600,000 years and is 40,000 years overdue. Satellite readings indicate that Yellowstone is rising (buldging) about 1 foot every year. Mother nature has all the stuff in place to cure global warming, and us.

JJK

Oldbuckster,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Have you ever looked into wood pellet stoves? We put one in two years ago and have saved about $1000 per year compared to natural gas. The heat is nicer because it doesnt dry your air out as bad as a gas furnace. We heat our entire house with one stove by keeping the fan circulating on the furnace. The theater in the basement is a little cold but I like it that way.

We use 1-2 40 lbs bags per day so this is some maintenance.

I got me one of them global warming, outdoor wood boilers. works great.

If we find out that I am a god and I can control the climate on global scale, I want to do my part to make Maine a warmer place to live!!!!!

Also it will burn ANYTHING so I do way less cutting of wood I just take junk wood that other people are ready to throw out..... sweet

I love the fact that when Mt Saint Helen blew it sent as much pollution and green house gases that man has made in the last 100 years up into the atmosphere.

Shhhhh! noone is supposed to talk about the effect of volcanos, since they don't fit in the inconvient framework.....

The stuff that Mt. Saint Helens blows into the atmosphere does not let the sunlight through and reflects it back, actually causing the Earth to cool down. CO2 lets the sunlight through and does not let the heat escape causing the Earth to heat up. If the super volcano Yellowstone blows it will send the Earth into an ice age for 2000 years and eliminate the human race. It blows every 600,000 years and is 40,000 years overdue. Satellite readings indicate that Yellowstone is rising (buldging) about 1 foot every year. Mother nature has all the stuff in place to cure global warming, and us.

JJK

actually when it clears, about a month or so.... It has more carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides, and everything else that causes the atmosphere much problems.

I think for some reason that although we should not pollute and we are affecting the environment and earth as a whole, we are probably just getting out of an ice age since many of the parts of the world that are not near the ocean have fossilized animals that are aquatic.

Well, this whole blame the humans thing is crap, unless someone can tell me what the dinosuars did to cause the changes that wiped them out. There have been several ice ages and there will be several more.....

I agree with you, but we're not helping the problem either ................... Future generations must learn from our mistakes ....... Sometimes I'm glad I'm old !!!!!

Pro. Thump ............. No, on the wood pellets, haven't tried, probably won't ........... Thanx for the suggestion !!!!!!!!