just got a flyer in the mail from THE EDGE

They are located in Palatine, IL

i never been there so not sure how they are to do business with

in the calendar of events, a picture of a pair of speakers caught my eye

yes it is a pic of the Palladuims

they are supposed to be there on Sat 12/22 weekend

Sat 12-6 and Sun 12/5

here is our chance to see and hear these

A reader of my site tipped me off about this, but my contacts at Klipsch were very skeptical. Carefully reading the info on their website, they say a "preview of the line" or something like that, so it may not mean an actual listening session. They have not returned my request for comment.

just got a flyer in the mail from THE EDGE

They are located in Palatine, IL

i never been there so not sure how they are to do business with

in the calendar of events, a picture of a pair of speakers caught my eye

yes it is a pic of the Palladuims

they are supposed to be there on Sat 12/22 weekend

Sat 12-6 and Sun 12/5

here is our chance to see and hear these

Do you have an address?

I live just minutes from Palatine.

- Jim

• Moderators

A reader of my site tipped me off about this, but my contacts at Klipsch were very skeptical. Carefully reading the info on their website, they say a "preview of the line" or something like that, so it may not mean an actual listening session. They have not returned my request for comment.

Why were the Klipsch folks skeptical?

Travis

The Edge is at 130 South Northwest Highway in Palatine.  The store used to be known as The Sound Lab.  I bought some Audioquest Dragon speaker cables from one of their locations years ago, back when Alon IV and Aerial 10t speakers were current.  Here is the Web site:

http://www.edgeaudiovideo.com/

Thanks. This is 10 minutes from my house, I think I'll pay them a visit. I'm curious as to what exactly the flyer says.

- Jim

• Moderators

So has anyone checked yet? Have they confirmed that there will be Pallidum's there to LISTEN to. They had mockups in Denver for the show in September. I was getting ready to fly there to hear them but thankfully Amy told me that they would just be mockups. As pretty as they are to look at, I don't think I would be to happy just being able to look at them. I have heard that the production drivers are ready to go, and that there is a pair with those production drivers installed that sounds absolutely incredible, on McIntosh SS equipment no less. So while things are getting close for an actual listen, I woud suggest you call and get confirmation before going any great distance to look/listen to these.

Travis

The pricing is high for what you appear to be getting, horn treble and mid coupled with standard ported coned bass and lower-midrange in a cosmetically pretty boat-tail cabinet. But Klipsch is going for the international status market, oil-rich Middle Easterners, highfalutin' Europeans and Asians holding our national deficit-debt, etc. All power to Klipsch in success at such. Outside the U.S. such folks are awash with dollars. The $100M+ megayacht market is booming, for example.

But the real test for us folks with more objective ears will be how the new flagship Palladium will SOUND versus Klipschorns. And that remains to be seen since apparently no Palladiums have become available for such listening comparisons yet. Audio mags, including home-theater-centric Sound & Vision Magazine that appears to have become so shallow audiophilewise, are you listening? Do you care?

Klipsch company, any comment? Klipsch, weigh in on this, please.