Red Cornwall Decoraters DONE

DrFish96

Well, I know red is not everybodys cup of tea but I like them. It has been alot work getting the red paint on just right. The whole thing has been alot of work but also fun and allows me to get into some sort of hobby. These are replacing La Scala's only because they are smaller. I will be having surgery in December and I will never be able to lift the La Scala's again. I do like the midrange vocals on the La Scala's better but what can you do. These are the front speakers in my system as you can see. Surrounds are 88 Cornwalls II and the back surrounds are Chorus 1's.

I am now going to start searching for some Cornwall Decorater Vertical's. They were my first choice but I came across these first.

Happy Holidays.

Drfish

post-8361-13819353849382_thumb.jpg

I LIKE 'em, they're FUN - congratulations on doing the fireplace/flat panel and keeping a REAL center speaker- KLF-C7 I believe? Nice layout and room for everything. I don't know why but I think I'm used to seeing the mirror image logo on the outside corner though. Is that smoke glass tops you've got on them or piano black paint? I'm a big fan of glass tops so you can do away with the doilies.

I can't understand the people who need to nearly do away with the critical center speaker due to hideously large fireplace and monster flat panel.

Good point on the logos, on the verticals the horns would normally be placed on the outside, so the only spot for the logos would be on the inside corners. I suppose it doesn't matter, Klipsch supplied pie badges in a bag stapled to the back of the cabinet so the user could put them wherever they wanted.

Great idea on reinforcing the mantle to hold the KLF, that's my center also, I love it.

Is there other red furniture in the room?

Michael

My loveseat and couch are also red. This was part of the reason for the color of the speakers. For me, I am tired of black speakers and I wanted these to stand out in more ways then one. My wife was a little overwhelmed by the color at first but she thinks they look good now. I have a very understanding wife.

Drfish

They are definitely vibrant thats for sure. IMO something only that a mother, or in this case a father, could love. But best of luck with the surgery hope thatit works out well. Though there is always the option of tinkering around and see if you can find some upgrades that will replicate the sound that your LS's had. JAT.

"I know red is not everybodys cup of tea but I like them"

Thats all that matters.....

"These are replacing La Scala's "

Cornwalls sound very good in a home setting....I think even more gooder than LaScala's...