KPT-MWM & KPT-402 2-way system for home use

mark1101

Hah! Beats me. THey were for sale on eBay a couple of years ago. I think Dennis knows who had them. I was looking at all these files I collected, and had a folder for MCM 1900. I have the pages for the patents on these and the literature that someone posted. They would be an easier build than the Jubs... actually, they would be a piece of cake to build. Just BIG! I was wondering how Bob's cast frame K-33 replacements would work in these, instead of the K-43.

Bruce

I'm just dreaming anyway. I would have to add onto my house to get enough room to have them inside.Maybe I could put them in my front yard and just leave my windows open.

Obviously time for bed. My gf would rightly give me grief if she knew I was still up. Later.

Bruce

Bob's cast frame would not fit. The standard frame has only around 1/8 to 1/4 clearance all around in the MWM.

a daido router could easily cut a groove for a cast frame. I use one for LaScala dog house's which also has a tight fit. Interestingly, my 2004 LaScala's came with the groves.

They would be an easier build than the Jubs... actually, they would be a piece of cake to build. Just BIG! I was wondering how Bob's cast frame K-33 replacements would work in these, instead of the K-43.

Yes, they would be, but you need 2 guys to pull the plywood across the saw!! Mark and I sold out Walnut Khorns the same day a few weeks ago.

I'm using some K-33 P's (square magnet) in mine. Based on my measurments, the K-33 or Crites CW1526 go 5-10 Hz lower than the K-43 and are smoother (lower peak/trough ratio) than the K-43, but not by much. Mostly it's the super low bass extension that make the K-33 the best choice for the home.

post-22904-13819354144474_thumb.jpg

"Yes, they would be, but you need 2 guys to pull the plywood across
the saw!! "

Anyone in the NYC area from the forum is welcome to use my full size wall mounted panel saw.

The panel can make vertical or horizontal cuts.

MWM?

Is that the latest solution to the war in Iraq?

What the hell are those things anyway?

Are you guys deaf?

or

Dentists working on a new way to sonically remove old filings and tooth decay?

So when you bring chics by do they take one look at them and glance knowlingly at your trowsers?

Were they created by Tim "The Toolman" Tailor?

Will powering them increase global warming?

How are they at amplifying the sound of tom toms during tribal rites?

Is there no end to this madness?

OH...

Can I get a pair for ninety nine, ninety nine?

MWM?

Are you guys deaf?

or

So when you bring chics by do they take one look at them and glance knowlingly  at your trowsers?

OH...

I know someone who is working on a HT system using MWM's. He has 5 of them at last count. Names will not be mentioned. I can't wait to see what he will use as a subwoofer if the MWM's are his surrounds. Who know's, maybe something like an empty tracktor trailer box with giant cornwall slots.

• Moderators

MWM?

Are you guys deaf?

or

So when you bring chics by do they take one look at them and glance knowlingly at your trowsers?

OH...

You could hook them up to your burglar alarm and scare off any intruder !

Christy just wants some because all she would have to do is put in some earplugs open the front door turn them up and, poof, dust the whole house at once !