Lets see a picture of your Christmas Tree

jacksonbart

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Thanks for the wonderful comments. I love Christmas time and set out decorations all the way to Christmas Eve. It does take some help to get it all done. I am blessed with two wonderful daughters that know how much Christmas "sparkles" mean to me and they help every way they can.

Setting up the tree with three kids (ages 1, 6 & 7)....about two hours (thanks just like dtel)

Putting lights on tree(be sure to put some of the lights "in the tree"....1 hour

Placing bows and ornaments (with one kid age 6)....3 hours (thanks dtel's daughter)

Seeing everyone's face when the tree is finished....very satisfying.

Hours upon hours of remembering the years while looking at the ornaments on the tree...priceless!

The secret to decorating the tree....Put lots of lights, but not too many. Place bows. Place as many ornaments on each branch as possible...mixing style and size of ornaments as you go.

Our tree has ornaments that have been handed down through the family, ornaments that were given to us as gifts, ornaments from dtel and I's first Christmas tree, brass ornaments with each member of the family's name on them and ornaments we picked out.

As a matter of fact we have everything from a Registered Nurse ornament to a parachuter ornament from the D-Day museum(this ornament was an exchange between Colterphoto and Buddy). Last year when Colter photographed the triple wedding Buddy gave Colter a "Bob the Builder" ornament (which I think really touched Colter!). In turn Colter gave Buddy the "parachuter" ornament he had purchased when we visited the museum.

I will try to get dtel to take some pictures of gifts I have wrapped in a day or two. I am also a "fanatic" about pretty bows and ribbons on gifts...even if the gift is inexpensive.

The grandkids love all the lights, bows and ribbons (almost as much as they like the gifts).

All the effort put into the decorations is so rewarding.

BTW, the tree was purchased at Wal-Mart about four or five years ago for around $150.00. I love real trees, but I also like to put my tree up Thanksgiving Day....so artificial works out best...unfortunately! I have been extremely pleased with this tree. It is very "full" and you can not see the middle of tree, even with 1000 lights on it.

• Moderators

Bill, we still use the old miniature style lights. I currently have about 10,000 miniature lights outside and still have at least 20,000 more I could put out.....should have started decorating a lot sooner, looks like Thanksgiving Day is a little too late to begin!

Here's ours. Definitely not as much fun or unique as JB's, Formica's, or Amy's replay of the one from her blog. Nor is it as spectacular as Dtel's or even Picky's. So is this only the 6th one posted? Come on folks, let's see some more...

We kind of just tossed ours together this year [:$] left a lot of ornaments in the boxes.

post-26727-13819354485784_thumb.jpg

WOO HOOO Its Christmas time!!! The tree at my mothers house is beautiful but you should see the rest of it looks like the north pole puked in the house! Christmas stuff everywhere! I havent gotten to see it yet but hopefully soon. I know Gracie is excited about going to Maw Maw Christy's and I am sure Kayden is going to enjoy the lights...I know I do not get on this forum often but I have this horrible habit of telling everyone MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! I hope all of you get to be together with your families and all are healthy and Happy because that is the greatest gift you can recieve. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!