Computer speakers

Judgester

I purchased a pair of your speakers a year ago and they have given me terrible service. There are only a few positions on the volume control that they actually play, otherwise I get a bunch of static.

I am very disappointed with your product and would recommend other not purchase them.

Welcome to the forums.

Did you buy them new or used? Did you call Klipsch support to get the problem worked out? Klipsch support is very good.

This should probably get moved to the proper section, under computer speakers.

Bruce

Sorry for sounding so disgruntle...

I agree, when the speaker play they sound great. The speakers are Pro-Media 2.0.

Actually I did contact the company about 3 months ago. They directed me to bring them back to BestBuy. They told me that the folks at BestBuy might not know that there was a 1 year warranty and gave me a number to help them comfirm it. So I am supposed to spend an hour of my free time to deal with a problem that is clearly shoddy quality control on incoming parts on a $100 purchase? I'm not sure this is a very good demonstration of a company that believes in customer service. I mean they basically said "here you deal with it." Heck the last set of speakers I had that were in about the same league lasted 10 years before the electronics got flakey.

the alternative to your complaint is to have two paperweights...go to the ProMediaUltra 2.0 section...there are posts that may help you get them up and running how you had hoped they would be...or you could just complain and buy something else...I am betting a bit of your time on that forum will get you up and running...

Bill

Sorry for sounding so disgruntle...

I agree, when the speaker play they sound great. The speakers are Pro-Media 2.0.

Actually I did contact the company about 3 months ago. They directed me to bring them back to BestBuy. They told me that the folks at BestBuy might not know that there was a 1 year warranty and gave me a number to help them comfirm it. So I am supposed to spend an hour of my free time to deal with a problem that is clearly shoddy quality control on incoming parts on a $100 purchase? I'm not sure this is a very good demonstration of a company that believes in customer service. I mean they basically said "here you deal with it." Heck the last set of speakers I had that were in about the same league lasted 10 years before the electronics got flakey.

What would you want the company to do? If you swung by Best Buy, you would be walking home with a brand new set of speakers. If you wanted a new pair delivered to your home, you would have to ship the broken pair back to the company so they can make sure they're not being taken advantage of, and then they gotta ship you a new pair back. Shipping ain't free and it's gonna take a long time too. You want Klipsch to call Best Buy for you?

The Klipsch policy has always been to let the local dealer handle customer service since talking face to face with a person generally leads to better understanding of the problems (and thus better solutions). Of course, stores like Best Buy kinda ruin that mentality.

Btw, a dirty volume pot is probably something you could fix yourself. Try turning the volume knob back and forth until the static goes away. I don't guarantee that it will fix the problem, but it's worth a try.

Like others pointed out, bringing them into Best Buy for an exchange is preferable to most other options, short of Klipsch shipping you a brand new set of speakers (I think that would be an unreasonable expectation). As for quality control, it's not unheard of for electronic components to fail once out in the field. Klipsch probably has had good luck with those pots, and has no reason to switch vendors. You happen to get a unit that has a bit of dirt in it, which could be either cleaned or replaced. Most products nowadays only carry a 90 day warranty, so consider yourself lucky you still have recourse to fix your speaker under warranty.

Or you could buy a replacement pod for a little over $20 and have a great sounding system again. Check the ProMedia 2.1 section, then the online store.

You're welcome.

srobak,

Thanks for pointing out that area in the forums. I went there and browsed through several of the ProMedia forums. It would seems other are having trouble as well. However, I did not see anything that reseembled exactly what was happening to to my speakers. (ProMedia Ultra 2.0)

So your suggestion is I should pony up 20-30 bucks and some of my time to fix the speakers. That is certainly a possibility. But I took a different route. I purchased another pair yesterday at Amazon for under $77 with free shipping. After the replies to my post I thought maybe I was off track and should give them another try.

Now this morning I read the other forums and get a sinking feeling.

The old speakers will go in the trash unless Klipsch wants them back to have a look at the failure mode. I have communicated directly with Klipsch at this point. It will be enlightening to see just how interested they are in seeing a set of failed speakers after a year of real world use. I am hopeful that the new speakers will work as they should.

He's a troll............trying to stir up discontent.................."Ask and Answered".

BTW I have had my 2.1's for over three years. Yes, I admit the volume knob sometimes acts weird, but overall the Pleasure I've received from these speakers is PRICELESS !

5 years on my main set, upwards of 3 on my others, and I just bought yet another set... :) If you don't want yours - then I will be happy to buy them from you for $1 over whatever anyone else offers, plus shipping. I will spend 20 bucks and 2 minutes of my time to replace the pod and have yet another great sounding set of 2.1 computer speakers.

srobak,

Thanks for pointing out that area in the forums. I went there and browsed through several of the ProMedia forums. It would seems other are having trouble as well.

You have to realize that people will more readily post about problems that they're having rather than when nothing is wrong with their speakers. I myself have never thought "Hey, my ProMedia 2.0s sure work awesome, I wonder if there's a website I can go to to tell everyone!" People generally come to forums such as this seeking advice rather than giving praise.

OK just to clear the air on this the speakers are ProMedia Ultras 2.0. I received my replacement pair (the pair I order through Amazon) yesterday but have yet to plug them in.

Yes of course I understand only users with questions and/or issues would tend to post while others would have no reason to post.

Here I have been called a basher and a troll. Basher I can understand troll is beyond me. Regardless all the strong voices that responded made me stick with Klipsch. I truly hope this second pair live up to what I am hearing in terms of lasting quality. I did not purchase them to find out what a fine customer service staff Klipsch has I purchased them to enjoy them.