Klipsch Car Speakers?

Southern

• Moderators

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[:)]

I believe we have looked into it from time to time, but nothing on the table now (that I'm aware of). Maybe we'll revisit it again.....Hard telling.

How vague was that??

• Moderators

What would sound very good in a van if you have a sub would be the quintets $300 for 5 of them on ebay. My son-in-law has them in his bedroom and they sound great. Also they would be easy to mount because they have those little feet. Don't go by how they look, they sound 10 times bigger, if you can go listen to a pair of the newer models they sound very close to the older ones.

If you have an SUV or VAN get some beater Heresy's secure them with some angle brackets and get around a 50W per channel amp and you will have all the Klipsch sound you need in a car.

Another way to do it is by like some Klipsch KG .5's, 1's, 1.2's, or 1.5's and cannibalize the components out of them and mount them in stock locations. The tweeters will need to be configured in somehow since they are larger but it can be done easily enough. I suppose you could do the same think with the Reference or Synergy lines but there are so many great sounding speakers out there already.

I did put a pair of Quintets in my old Suburban when the dash speakers died. I just velcro'd them to the dash mat. I am thinking of puting them in my new Suburban and bypassing the Bose.

Now that I have more Heritage speakers, I need to see how deep the SF-1 HF horn is. They are surplus now, and maybe it will fit in the door in place of the Bose.

I also like the B&O/Audi system but I suppose that Klipsch didn't get into these types of car audio systems due to having to custom design a system for each car model. My neighbor has a pair of B&O Penta's that sound terrific but it couldn't keep up with my Forte's mated to my Dynaco amp.

If I really wanted to I could take the rear seat out of my van and strap in my Forte's but I couldn't subject them to the extreem temperature conditons.

The Quintent's would be duable as would the ifi but most likely it would be subject to a smash & grab situation.

The Klipsch headphones would be a solution however it is illegal to drive with headphones. Maybe one day Klipsch will decide to get into car audio but for now I will be subjected to my cars Bose systems. [:(]

• Moderators

Amy,

That was vague.

It would be great to see Klipsch in car audio.

There's a loooooooooot of R&D involved in car audio (to do it well). And a looooooooooot of $$. We're still a relatively small operation, you know! Someday....

Nobody in MECA (as far as my knowledge) has any KLIPSCH products in car audio. For that matter, I don't recall ever seeing anyone from IASCA, DBDRAG, SLAP or USAC having these products either.

Amy, if KLIPSCH ever develops a prototype system, I would dearly love to compete and exhibit your line of equipment. FREE ADVERTISING and possible magazine photoshoot.