Mudkicker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that was an attempt at a joke.

The whole question is an attempt at a joke, right????

Listen guys, it was a simple question. I have owned Klipsch products for the last 12 years and would never think of buying any other brand. I was only curious as to why certain people ( on other avs forums and some av salespeople) say that their products are not what they used to be.

There is no need to take offense....forums like these are meant for learning and helping, not offense and bickering.

Mud

Come to think of it, other manufacturers seem to be making cheaper, not as good speakers as they once did. I can't say too much about Klipsch as this is my first venture into them, have auditioned them before and was not struck on them then. I think we'd all like to see manufacturers make great products without trying to improve on the design and then cheaping out on another factor of the design. In a perfect world, everything would be awesome, and their'd be no competition for the companies.

JMO this morning.

I have heard many times that Klipsch products of today are not as "good" as they used to be.

Is there any truth to this?

Mud

That's true, because in most cases they are better than they used to be. Witness the latest heritage line, the klipschorn jubilee, the palladium 39, for just a few examples.

Its a pack of wild accusations and lies. What are you a mudraker ????

I take offense to this... it's CLEAR that he's not a mudraker... mudrakers have short stubby little fingers whereas mudKICKERS have short stubby legs...

That's my story & I'm sticking with it!

[:o]

Its clear that some people on this site have too much time on their hands...

Its sad that people come here looking for knowledge and in return they get childish responses.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, simply don't reply to the post.

Thanks to those who have actually answered my question.

Mud

People are taking offense because you asked the question in a ignorant way. At first you didn't even explain that you own Klipsch speakers or what kind? Then you don't tell us why you may think that Klipsch is not as "good" as it used to be. You don't explanin where you heard this?? From a friend, store clerk, ect.. More detail in the original message would have made this appear a lot less like a trashing of Klipsch.

Mud,

Don't take it personal bro. It is needless for anyone to be defensive about Klipsch quality.

As a long standing Klipsch owner and listener you are well acquainted with the quality.

My take, Klipsch is doing a good job with quality in an increasingly competetive market.

I don't know any audio folks more committed to excellence that Klipsch.

If you have to be committed, it's good to be committed with these folks.

Mud, I'm only familiar with the Heritage Series, but my impression is that Paul Klipsch made some really great designs and his engineers have worked to improve them for decades, with incremental but noticeable success. The La Scala II, Heresy III and Cornwall III are good examples of this. The new speakers retain the good qualities of the earlier models and manage to improve on them.

As for your comment, "I was only curious as to why certain people ( on other avs forums and some av salespeople) say that their products are not what they used to be.", were those salespeople trying to sell you another brand of speakers? Like, "Yeah, they used to be great, but that was a long time ago. Have you heard the new Bose line?"

People are taking offense because you asked the question in a ignorant way. At first you didn't even explain that you own Klipsch speakers or what kind? Then you don't tell us why you may think that Klipsch is not as "good" as it used to be. You don't explanin where you heard this?? From a friend, store clerk, ect.. More detail in the original message would have made this appear a lot less like a trashing of Klipsch.

Well, you could have avoided to use the word "ignorant", however, i must admit that i made a poor choice in the way that i started this thread. That still does not make some of the answers justifiyable IMO. As a matter of fact, there was a stupid post right AFTER i explained myself in detail.

I am actually appalled by some of the responses that i received from this thread. Such a lack of respect and manners for a fellow Klipsch fanatic.

I have respected and treated my speakers with the utmost care over the last 12 years and i fear that this thread might taint the way i view Klipsch in the future. Never have i been flamed in any of the forums that i frequent....this is a first.

I will try my best to not make a few bad apples ruin my experience on this site. Thanks to all those in this thread and others in other threads that helped answer my questions.

Mud

I have heard many times that Klipsch products of today are not as "good" as they used to be.

Is there any truth to this?

lol Mud...

Perhaps "we" (and by that I mean yourself as well as everyone here) might want to start over...

"hi & welcome to the forum!!! "

I, like some others have stated, am only really familar with the Heritage series and feel they're just as good. Perhaps if you (or the person you are talking to) is going to split hairs and say "ya, but Klipsch doesn't use (insert fancy wire name) for their crossovers..." you (or they) might have a point of opinion.

If you mean their sound, their build, their ... well... what were they really bashing?

you anywhere near Knoxville, TN??

If you are, you are more than welcome to come to my place and listen to a pair of their Jubilees and make your own opinion. Like has been said... I'd wonder if the person who said it might have had an ulterior motive to steer you to something else.

Read more threads... you'll find that other than the local rednecks (Roy, Colter and their ringleader Amy) most around here are ok. (myself and MAS excluded of course [:(] )

As for your comment, "I was only curious as to why certain people ( on other avs forums and some av salespeople) say that their products are not what they used to be.", were those salespeople trying to sell you another brand of speakers? Like, "Yeah, they used to be great, but that was a long time ago. Have you heard the new Bose line?"

Well, i was browsing through www.avsforums.com because i am in the process of buying a new Marantz receiver and i found a few threads where people were having discussions regarding Klipsch of today versus Klipsch of a few years ago. Also, on more that one occasion, i have had debates in local AV retail stores with salespeople who would say the same thing(not really pushing any other brands). I have had such a great experience with my KG's that if i had to buy new speakers i would not even have to think twice to buy Klipsch agiain.

I will try my best to not make a few bad apples ruin my experience on this site

To MAS

neener neener... I beat you to the title!!

Yes

Richard,

Even I try to recognize that some threads are beneath responding to....

oops!

OK, so I have responded 'in' one of them!

I'd wonder/speculate that since Klipsch seems to have a diminished showroom presentation for their Heritage speakers, if it's easy for others to say "they're not what they once use to be". Meaning that since you can't find what BUILT the company (the Heritage line) in retail stores anymore (for the most part) and can only find these other smaller offerings, maybe the company has been diminished by some competition.

I DO think it's fair to say the "company" might not be what it once was (with specific regard to marketing their Heritage products) because it's about as rare as hens teeth to find a dealer stocking Heritage speakers.

If one looks behind the covers a bit deeper though, I think the company has simply evolved as our WAF realitys have evolved and they're focusing more on making products that might be more fitting in todays markets...leaving us dinasaurs who love their Heritage products out on the fringe a bit.

So, maybe one can say (IMHO) "the company" isn't what it use to be (because it like everything, has evolved), I think their products,and for me, I'm only able to speak about those products made in Hope, are still top notch! Trust your ears.

[Y]

I am actually appalled by some of the responses that i received from this thread. Such a lack of respect and manners for a fellow Klipsch fanatic.

Where did it say that in your original post ? You wouldn't be the first from another forum coming here and stirring crap up, or have been banned from here, and come back under another name, and stir up stuff ......................... You think this thread is flaming you, stick around, you may get flamed someday ....