U2 3D at the IMAX Theater

BadDad

I know there are lots of music lovers here, but are there any U2 fans amongst us? Went to see the new U2 3D movie tonight at the IMAX and had a great time. Just like being up on stage. Took the wife, daughter, 2 sons, and son in-law. Nobody in our group likes them as much as I do, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Except the 14 year old. But he is bored with just about everything. All in all, a fun family night out.

I was about 15 yo when I bought my first U2 album Boy then I picked up October, War, Under A Blood Red Sky. U2 is one of those bands that I just don't listen to anymore but sometimes they do a song I really like but there early stuff is it for me. I also worked at an Irish Pub for 5 years and it is very difficuly for me to listen to U2, The Chieftans, The Pogues, Davy Spillane, Van Morrison and traditional irish music. I really like it all except Van Morrison as he makes me want to pull my ears off but the Pub burned me out fast on that music. The Irish loved that music and after pints they love to sing it and have cover bands play it.... Ugggg. I really like the Pogues better :)

LOL Seti. That just about describes the pub experience, except weren't there any fights? I would like to see the rolling stones imax still and probably like the U2 one also. Hard to look at Bono without thinking of that recent south park episode though.

There was lots of the two F's but I could get accustomed to those.

Hey I saw some crazy bands in Denton, Tx at the Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studio and isn't Brave Combo from Denton?

I also worked at an Irish Pub for 5 years and it is very difficuly for me to listen to U2, The Chieftans, The Pogues, Davy Spillane, Van Morrison and traditional irish music. I really like it all except Van Morrison as he makes me want to pull my ears off but the Pub burned me out fast on that music.

Sorry to hear you got burned out on Irish music. Too much of anything can get to you. Good thing it wasn't a polka bar. FIve years of that doesn't bear thinking about...