"PICKY FEST '08": Thanks!

picky

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could've come, but if you read in the "recent concerts" thread, I was already tied up, with going to two concerts this weekend. Not only that, if I was going to these concerts, I probably would've most likely gone to see Carmina Burana with Larry Clare at the Strathmore music hall. The timing just did not work out, otherwise I may have seriously considered jumping a cheap flight and heading out there.

Sounds like a lot of fun. At least I should get to see you guys in Indy this next month (geez! Next month already - better look at booking a hotel and flight!)

Steve: It would have been great to see you but I totally undeerstand. Thanks for the thought and see you next month in Indy. Enjoy your activities this weekend! -Glenn

Glenn, Circumstances have conspired to prevent me from enjoying your hospitality this weekend. Yesterday was our younger son's 18th birthday.

Our plans to include his older brother via phone from Afghanistan got pushed back to today. As much as I'd like to see you, Verna, Rose and forum members, sharing the younger son's birthday with his soldier brother comes first.

As the Cub fans say, there's always next year. Let me know if you're as far north as 15 Mile and we'll get together. Similarly, I'll let you know when I'm in or near Allen Park.

Regrets,

No problem, Neil. I completely understand. Happy birthday to your son and I hope your other son is safe and your entire family are well. We've had a terrific weekend thus far. Funny; this is the niceset day weatherwise and all of the out-of-towners have already left and most visitors for today have had to cancel.
That actually works out well for us as we were up with the guys until 2 on Friday night and 3 am last night, so we're pretty mjuch ready for a break before going back to work tomorrow. Great idea; we'll let you know when we'll be out your way and vice versa. Thanks Neil! Enjoy your day. -Glenn

It's late Sunday afternoon, all of the out-of-towners have gone and it doesn't appear that we'll have any more drop-ins here unless they show in the next hour or so. But, Verna and I had an absolutely wonderful weekend with the Klipsch members who did make it out to see us here. Roger (IndyKipschFan), and Michael (ColterPhoto1) arrived Friday evening and spent the weekend with us at our home. John (j-malotky) arrived Friday afternoon, along with a cooler full of Wisconsin’s finest micro-brews. Thanks John! He stayed at a nearby motel for the weekend. Also, Kenneth (Motorcitym3) and his friend stopped by for a short visit late Friday afternoon. It was also great to see numerous Klipsch forum members when we attended the AK AudioFest on Saturday. We saw folks such as NOS Valves, former member Parrot, whell, AudioFlynn, Ballylongford, and others. Ms Rose spent plenty of time talking with the guys at our house, too. We burned the midnight oil both nights. Friday it was Roger Michael, John and I until nearly 2 am listening to music, watching concert videos and BSing. And then on Saturday night it was Michael, Roger, Verna and I until 3 am. We watched the movie 'Sahara'. Earlier yesterday evening we, along with John, watched 'Pirates of the Caribbean 3' in 1080p BluRay on our first floor living room 50" plasma and 5.1 channel Dolby Pro-Logic system. The weather prevented us from spending a lot of time out of doors as we had rain and the occasional thunder shower on Friday and Saturday. So, Friday's dinner consisted of Pizzas from one of our local places. Our guests were treated to omelets on Saturday morning custom-made be yours-truly. For dinner, the rain held off and we BBQ'd some corn, sirloin burgers and dogs while the guys took in the sound of our Heresy III / Eico ST-70 system out in the garage. All in all it was a stellar weekend. We all bid farewell to John on Saturday night as he returned to his motel to get some rest before heading back to the Milwaukee area this morning. This morning (Sunday), we all went out to one of Verna's and my our local favorite cafes and were treated to breakfast by Roger & Michael. Roger and Michael, who drove out from Indy together, left for home from the restaurant. Verna and I were sad to see them and John leave but we had a very full weekend and quite frankly, we're "pooped"! We can't wait to see everyone next month in Indy! Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend!

IndyKlipschFan, ColterPhoto1, picky & J-Malotky in front of "Men's Town" (the nickname on the front of Picky's "Heresy III garage"):

post-10177-13819373443094_thumb.jpg

This answers the question, "Do Klipsch forum members ever actually wear those freebies that are handed out to members at the pilgrimages?" YES!! Please believe me when I tell you that we did not plan it this way. I put the shirt on before John and Michael had arrived and lo and behold; they had the same shirts on when they pulled in! LOL

post-10177-13819373444214_thumb.jpg