Did I get my money's worth? pls respond

Montigue231

I found an add in craigslist today that I thought was interesting. The seller had an entire Klipsch home theater system for sale for 700 bucks.. It got my attention because I really wanted to buy everything i needed kinda like a one stop 2nd hand shop, so to speak. This is what I got for $700 :

1.) I pair of KLF 20's ( oak)

2.) KLF C-7 center speaker (black)

3.) 1 pair KSF-S5 Rear speakers ( black)

4.) KSW 12 subwoofer (black)

5.) Denon 3300 A/v amp w/ remote

6.) Denon cd player DCM 260

7.) All monster cables and quick connects and optical cables included

8.) one set of speaker stands w spikes

all the accesories where there in the package deal. The speakers had scuffs but all grills where in good shape and sound good. So tell me how did I pay too much or did I get a good deal?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sunburn its tested and everything works n sounds great. The seller was a woman in fact. She listed the add as " sourround sound system" she didnt know a dime about anything..I had to go over and over with her where to find the model #'s on the back. Finally we got it all figured out. I drove 2 hours to pick the system up. The seller wouldnt stop talking about how much she hated her husband lol. I really dont know what was going on with THAT issue. I was just hesitant to fork out the dollars on used gear sitting in a garage. I'd like to know how much these items are really worth in todays market

From the replies It looks like i did fairly well. Im glad i did the right thing and purchased this system. I really didnt want to go piece everything together (a hassel)

Pls Brother Klipschsters don't hate on me for coming in the middle of a bitter divorce and taking advantage of a poor helpless woman that apperantly has been going threw hard times. Im just a normal nice easy going guy that looks for the small oppritunites in life. Besides, if I didnt jump on the deal the seller had other buyers on call waiting while i was there loading it all from hers/his garage into my SUV. Speaking of... it all barely fit into my Xterra .. I looked like a low rider in a sports utility vehicle

Great score - congrats!!!

The guy is actually a Klipsch fan, he might even be a forum member :) He's going through a nasty divorce and forced to sell before moving out of the area from what I'm told.

If I had more room in the house for them, I'd probably listening to them as we speak ;)

Cheers,
Frank.

He's going through a nasty divorce and forced to sell before moving out of the area from what I'm told

I once had to serve divorce papers on Christmas Eve per request of the guy who filed it. I picked up my paper services for the day and flipped through them and was like WHAAT??? Went to the shift super and said no way was I doing that - but wasn't left with a choice.

The wife's reaction was mild when she answered the door - and I was extremely apologetic. She just took a glance at them, then rolled her eyes and shook her head. "This is about what I would expect from him."

Man did that suck...

• Moderators

Let us know how it's sounds once you get it all setup. Sad the dude is getting a divorce but it's not your fault for the wife selling his equipment. I heard of a lady that found out her husband was cheating on him while he was away on business trips. One weekend while he was away, she had a yard sale of all of his stuff. Selling a very expensive mountain bike for $20 just to tick him off. Then she had the remaining stuff on the lawn waiting on him when he returned.