Looking for Heritage HT photos

Oblio

Daymons site is awesome..http://www.klipschcorner.com/SystemProfiles.aspx

I updated just a few pics on that thread that was mentioned when I built mine. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/63409.aspx?PageIndex=1

So many things I did in my HT, were from ideas from the fine people on this forum. I can't stress that enough! We all learned from each other.

The biggest advice was building your HT is build it for yourself. As a family, we have 4 people. So 4 seats! The room was origionally designed for a way to have 8 by adding another HT seating and raising the back row. By not having that for now, the room feels MUCH bigger, and comfortable when 2-3 guys come over for sports, or it is just all of us on movie night. On the rare occasion we have had over 20 people here people pull up on the floor with cushions and we bring in some other chairs and between the picture and sound have not had anyone complain. It is what it is... And besides, how many times a year do you really have 20 + people over!

The other big advice was to go with the same three speakers up front. TIMBRE does matter and when it is dialled in right. Again, just awesome.

Good luck in your journey! If I can help, just ask!

Rich...I love humble people. WOWZA!!! Great room!

How do you like the Belle with the K horns? I think it all fits in incredible!!

IS the real sweet spot where your sitting or in front of you?

Thanks Roger. Guess what I meant is that the web page does not look like much. I threw it together a while back and forgot about it. However, I am quite pleased with the room. I think the room treatments and the 2.35 to 1 AR screen is what makes it really feel like a theater. I hardly ever watch sports or TV down there almost always movies.

I really like the Belle center all three have Bob's tweeters. I know a LS would be a slightly better match...but it sounds great. I don't notice any issues when things pan across the front three speakers. Size and looks did play a bit of a role in the Belle over the LaScala.

For movies there absolutely is no bad location. Even the two outside (of 4) seats sound great. If I am doing critical two channel listening on my turntable it actually is better to be forward about a foot. So I sit forward in the middle seat. You probably cannot tell from the pix but the row of 4 seats is shifted to the right of the room when facing the screen. This puts the 2nd seat more centered then the 3rd. The wife or new guests get that seat for movies...but hardly anybody but me listens to vinyl so when the needle drops that is my seat. If I were to move the seats forward just those 1-1.5 feet then you are too close to the screen for viewing. I wish I had 10 times the space for a HT, this one did force some compromises...perhaps in another life...as for now I am pretty happy. At first I was pretty bummed that I did not have room for a second row of seats. After a couple of years of use I bet I have only watched a movie with 4 people 5-6 times let alone more then four.

You still have your TGIV? For some reason I like to have the latest and greatest electronic and older speakers...but I just cannot get myself to sell my IV and buy the V. Have you heard a TGV?

I think the next bridge to corss is a pair of the ultra THX subs and the amp.

I still have the TGIV. With the issue with the lower sub output fixed, I am VERY happy with it.

Sometimes you forget how good it really is?

Most people that come over are just blown away with everything. You (we) get so caught up in this hobby, and forget were the 1% nutcases that take this seriously anyhow! It is awesome.. Sports HDTV and movies. We try and do a movie night with the kids once a week. (ages 6 and 4)

There were some early issues with the TG V The idea of a HDMI outlet with 2 inputs (So I guess HDTV Cable and a Blue Ray DVD player are on my list) and one output. Other than a newer faceplate, everything else I read or hear is the same. For that, I might just opt for a HDMI switcher..LOL Most people say the improvement in picture quality is awesome.. Even on the older 720p native projectors..( that I would have to see for myself.) As for sound a lot of people chasing the newer formats... But if you look at the movies.. It is still DD and DTS.. and all the same formats of the last few years..

It's awesome!!

What direct question(s) do you have?