8 ohm amplifier intpo 4 ohm Fortes?

thereminjames

Greetings!

I am the proud new owner of some Klipsch Fortes. After lugging them up 2 flights of stairs, I was connecting them to my amplifiers when I noticed the back of the speakers said the impedence is 4 ohms. My amplifiers have an 8 ohm tap and a 16 ohm tap. Can I connect my 8 ohm amp to these speakers? It's a 300B Set amplifier from diyhifisupply.

I'm new to this hobby so I'd appreciate any advice - you can't dumb it down too much! Also if there is a simple modification I can make let me know. I know I'm close to audio nirvana!

Thanks,

James

HOLY S***!!!!!

I can see why Klipsch people are so obsessed with their speakers!!! This is amazing! I have never heard music sound this good. These speakers are amazing!!!

James

=) Another convert - you'll never turn back! You'll probably be back for more at some point in the future - and if you ever need advice on anything you'll find plenty of help here. Welcome to the forums and your new life with Klipsch =D

HOLY S***!!!!!

I can see why Klipsch people are so obsessed with their speakers!!! This is amazing! I have never heard music sound this good. These speakers are amazing!!!

James

Congrats on your Klipsch awakening! Don't forget to sleep tonight! [:|] When I hooked up my Cornwalls for the first time I was up listening almost all night with a big grin on my face - it was a tough day at work the next day.

It took me a week to take the smile off my face after I bought my first Klipsch speakers, a "slightly" worn pair of black Fort'e 1s. 4 ohms and all.

Enjoy your new speakers, and do try to get some sleep so you can function at work, so you can afford the next giant step, a nice TUBE amp and pre to power those new ear candy! You will be smiling all the time. That is until youy get your eye on the NEXT upgrade...... Just forget I said anything, kick back and ENJOY!