OT--Steven's singing... talent?

Amy

• Moderators

Ok, so he's no prodigy, but you can glimpse the not yet famous Steven singing a chorus from Falling Slowly... which is the Oscar nominated song from my new favorite movie Once.

As I said in the comment area on youtube, I think I play this soundtrack waaaay too much. I concluded this the first time I heard him singing it randomly in the grocery store, completely unprompted.

Be sure to catch the hiccup at the end. Gives it a little something extra.

He can carry a tune, my little girl like her dad cannot. She loves music though and sure tries to sing along, when I pick her up in the afternoon I always have one of her CD's loaded in the changer in my car and I hand her the remote so she can pick and choose. Yesterday it was the Madagascar soundtrack and Barron Sasha Cohen was doing his rendition of "You Got to Move it, Move it" too fun.

• Moderators

These are wonderful years you are in, enjoy them Amy. They will go fast.

They really do Arky, VERY FAST, I blinked and now I am doing the same thing with my Grand kids, even more because I missed so much the first time around.

• Moderators

Very smart of you to use the ambient characteristics offered by your bathroom.

Nah, it just had the best lighting!! Ha!

I took the first one in his room, but it came out way too dark [:)]

He sings this song all the time-- it can be a bit embarassing in public... People look at me like I'm one of those showbiz mom's pushing their kid to learn pop-music lyrics. I didn't do it, honest!!

Another song he likes to sing, if anyone remember this obscure reference to the movie Grease, is the "brusha brusha brusha" Ipana toothpaste commercial jingle that Jan sings at the slumber party. Weird, I know, but I always sing that to him while he brushes his teeth.

Footnote: YEP, should've known, it's on youtube

Amy: You are quite the "Stage Mom"! LOL -JK

Oh, Man: IPANA! Boy, do I remember that stuff! It tasted like wintergreen and my mom would catch me eating the stuff instead of brushing! LOL Good 'ole Bucky Beaver! -Glenn

post-10177-13819361229486_thumb.jpg