Blue Jeans Cable Co.

Joe Shmoe

Just wanted to show some appreciation for Blue Jeans Cable Co.. http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

After reading numerous posts about them in this forum, I decided to finally give them a try. I recently changed my living room around, and I really wasn't looking forward to undoing the Monster wire I was currently using. It is always such a PIA to secure the wire to the back of my Denon reciever, I just couldn't do it anymore. I thought that it was about time I get some factory terminated wire. I decided to go with the Canare 4S11 wire, and take advantage of the bi-wire capability. So I ordered some 10' lengths for the front three and had them terminated, locking banannas to bi-spades.

I am really satisfied with my investment. The cables are nice quality, and very affordable. They also made them & shippped them to me in 3 days! If I did it again I think I would just use the locking bannanas on both ends. The spades were a little too large for the posts on the back of my KLF-30's. I barely got them to fit on the C-7! So if anyone is thinking of spades...you might want to check fit first, or just go with the locking bannanas.

Anyway, that's my .02 .... I just wanted to share my experience.

post-13769-1381936106007_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I didn't realize they make custom length cables. That's good to know. Seems like monoprice.com is a bit cheaper but if you need custom length cables, Blue Jeans Cable is probably the way to go. Last week, I ordered a 6ft HDMI cable from monoprice and it was under $10.00 (including shipping). Same cable on Blue Jeans Cable is $30. Quite a bit difference in price.

Last week, I ordered a 6ft HDMI cable from monoprice and it was under $10.00 (including shipping). Same cable on Blue Jeans Cable is $30. Quite a bit difference in price.

That is the same thing that I was looking at, price wise. I am going to order some speaker wire from Monoprice for my first order with them. I currently have over 100 ft of speaker wire and some RCA from Blue Jeans, great build quality.

James

• Moderators

I just looked at the order details and I did not order it last week. I ordered it on 02/18, it shipped on 02/19 and arrived on 02/21. Now that's some sweet customer service! I haven't hooked up the cable at my dad's house yet but it came in a sealed thick plastic packaging with foam taped around each HDMI end and a cap over the ends as well. So far, I am extremely impressed with monoprice. They probably have found a customer for life. Thx to the guys in this forum that recommended them.

Well, from what I gathered just quickly looking at Monoprices site, I guess they could be cheaper if you are looking to build your own cables? I was looking for more of a custom type cable already built for me, and BlueJeans Cable did the job very nicely. They weren't that expensive either. I guess if I wanted to do it myself & be cheap I could have just went down to RadioShack or Home Depot right? I dunno... just another choice for you all. [;)]

• Moderators

Hey Joe, we are not trying to put down your recommendation at all. I was just offering as you were, "another choice" for everyone. I think they provide very reasonable prices for custom cables. Especially when Walmart was selling an HDMI for $50, even Blue Jeans had them beat by $20 and they are hand made. :)

I've used Blue Jeans several times and they were great. I got a 30' HDMI and 30' component cable set up for my projector. All worked great and the price was OK. Can't remember what I had to give for them it was a couple of years ago. If you got a couple of days to get the stuff they are well worth it. Much cheaper and better than Best Buy stuff.