College Hoops ........

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Buck...Roy could have run the score up. Just too classy for that. Plus it made good since to rest the starters and avoid possible injuries and it is always fun watching the scrubs get their opportunity. Since your teams are out how about becoming an honorary Tarheel?

• Moderators

Kinda' sad, the only 2 Teams from New York are gone, Siena, and Cornell .............. NO Syracuse, NO St. Johns, sorry programs !!!!!

Hey, don't feel bad, all 4 from Indiana are history.

[:(]

TARHEEL, I've been a North Carolina fan since, hold on now, Phil Ford played there, what a guard !!! .... Some real good match-ups this week-end, the ones that stick out the most for me, Memphis vs. Mich. St. and Louisville vs. Tenn. .... Mich. St. and Louisville move on !!!!!!!!

Time will tell Mark.....its all good fun and to be honest my wife is the bigger Tarheel fan and I picked it up to keep the peace[:P] I just enjoy talking Bball with you guys. I liked the way Dean Smith and now Roy cares more about making good people and not just good players of his guys. Duke is very much that way too but we try not to let them know we feel that way. Two very good programs.

Wish I was (1) of the (2) that got all the Sweet 16's correct:

ESPN: 4+ million and only (2) got it right (It does pay to drink, SOMETIMES)[:D]

It was a gut-wrenching experience (as a diehard Terps fan) to put NC on the pedestal, although they do stand a good chance of running all the way.

My buddy has the opposite combination:

TN / Texas (Texas WIN)

I had Louisville over TN on one sheet, and the only loss in that entire East bracket was Butler. Only (2) losses in the West conference.

However, I got raped in the Midwest and South brackets. Still have a shot w/ NC and UCLA matchup w/UCLA winning it all OR #2 Kansas vs UCLA w/Kansas winning it all. Final fours (Texas (1) and (2)Memphis) + NC and KANSAS in both for hedge bet!

If Texas or NC makes a run I'M FRIED! If NC gets by Louisville, then I'll be shaking in my boots.

How is everyone else doing?

Klipsched ; Michigan State over Memphis, that should be the game of the night ; Texas over Stamford ; Kansas over Villanova ; Wisconsin over Davidson, this game could go either way, toughest pick ............. JUMP IT UP !!! ......... Let's Play Ball ........

I agree with you. I look for Texas to then beat Michigan State since they will be in their back yard. Just like Syracuse when they won it all a few years back. I rode Syracuse all the way in that office pool. They were not a popular choice that year if I recall.

Although Texas will have their hands full with those twin 7 footers from Stanford.

Syracuse all the way in that office pool. They were not a popular choice that year

Was that Carmello Anthony's team that won it all ? I think it was. I'm not a Syracuse fan, but I'm not a hater either. Their Coach drives me crazy,under 2 minutes, they lose alot of their games under 2 minutes .............. been like that for many years ......... they are a good team here in the Big East, you can never take them for granted, ask Georgetown !!!!!!!

Yup, I remember the Mello years, and said they would go to the finals.

Unfortunately, I had them runner-up[:(]

Did anyone catch the McDonald's HS All-Stars?

HINT: Always watch for those NEW freshmen college entries:

Mullens (THE Ohio State Buckeyes)

Zeller (NC)

Brandon Jennings (Arizona)

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=776431

Homework for 2009 NCAA Basketball season[:D]