Jubilee Network Experts

I've heard the passive setup more than once and it works well

Yep, I gots to agree with that. When I first heard them (and decided to buy), it was after hearing them on a passive.

A bit of irony... Roy once told me we all baffled him a bit (my word, not his). Seems a year prior to me hearing them, some others heard them and Roy had them (Jubilees) setup with an active.

This crowd bemoaned the fact that they were using an active and chanted their desire for a passive network. Roy got busy and the following year, when I was there, he let them play to the masses with a passive... and what happened but the first handful of people that bought them....bought actives....

Paraphrased but you get the idea.

I ran mine active for a year until an audio designer friend persuaded me to build and try the passive networks. I'm very happy with them running passive. Whilst I know the theory that there should be a delay on the HF, the reality is that they sound pretty good without that time correction.

R

I've got a set of passives as well. Still waiting for parts to fire them up with my Jub clones and 402s. But I did use them with the jub clones and Khorn HF in 3 way and they sounded very good. Can't wait to hear them in 2-way with the correct horns. The first thing I'm going to do is A/B against the active setup I have to learn the differences.