RF-83's arrived today!

Youthman

• Moderators

It seems like I have waited forever for these. I have been checking them out over the past 9 months. I tracked them online from Hope, AR to Florida. I picked them up early this evening, loaded them in the van and brought them home. After putting my kids to bed, I brought them in from the garage to set them up. All I can say is WOW! They are absolutely georgeous speakers. I am soooo pumped. I felt like it was Christmas already. My wife just stared and was quite amuzed at my excitement. Here eyes got really big when she saw the size of the boxes that the speakers came in. I know they are tiny compared to some Klipsch lines but they are huge compared to my CF-2's.

I took lots of photos to share my excitement with everyone.

Photo Gallery

Now I've just gotta sell my CF-2 and KV-3 and I can use that money towards my next purchase...the RC-64.

Michael

• Moderators

I absolutely love the Cherry finish! The speakers look great in the store, but they look even better when you get them home. [:D]

I have not had a chance to even power them up yet. I brought them home, put them in the garage and didn't get to set them up till late tonight after the kids were in bed. I'll play with them tomorrow.

I have the following that I will try out on them:

DVD's
Transformers
Incredibles
Cars
Blue Man Group Concert
Mercy Me Concert
Mark Shultz Concert
NewSong Concert

Music
Mark Shultz Live
Jeremy Camp Live
Sarah McLaughlin

• Moderators

Thx guys!

Congrats to ya. Interesting even at our age it's difficult to wait for new toys.

Yeah, my wife suggested that I wrap them up and wait until we move into our house in December....Yeah right! Just about to fire them up for the first time this morning.

Since your RF-83s are rear-ported you might find the bass not as good as it can be due to the fact that they are set with the closest walls several feet behind them. On your CF-2s it didn't matter because their ports are in the front.

They look beautiful in your setup!

Congrats. You will love the 83s. I'm bi-amping mine with a Denon AVR. I still can not believe the amount of bass that I get out of these speakers. It really does sound like they have active subs in them :) They are beasts! I have mine about 1 foot from the rear wall and about 10" from the side (they are in the corners of a room).

• Moderators

Since your RF-83s are rear-ported you might find the bass not as good as it can be due to the fact that they are set with the closest walls several feet behind them. On your CF-2s it didn't matter because their ports are in the front.

Yeah, I had figured on that. The sub takes care of the lows for me and I'm sure they will sound totally different on the bottom end once I get them into my theater room.

I haven't had too much time to demo them due to my son's b-day party today but what I have heard, I cannot stop smiling from ear to ear. They are absolutely crystal clear on the highs. One thing that I REALLY like is since the speakers are sooo tall, the sound totally fills the room when you are sitting in front of them. They are sweet even at high volume and do not break up. So much detail and smoothe sounding. Wish I could describe them more technical but I'm not technical. LOL. I might have my CF-2's and KV-3 sold tomorrow. Guy is very interested in them. If I sell them, I will be ordering my RC-64. That will be sweet.

Thx guys!

Congrats to ya. Interesting even at our age it's difficult to wait for new toys.

Yeah, my wife suggested that I wrap them up and wait until we move into our house in December....Yeah right! Just about to fire them up for the first time this morning.

HA!!!!

I haven't had too much time to demo them due to my son's b-day party today but what I have heard, I cannot stop smiling from ear to ear. They are absolutely crystal clear on the highs.

I never even clipped them yet!!! And I owned them since they come out and I am a college student!

• Moderators

I want to say that I am extremely pleased with how well my HK AVR55 drives the towers. Even with only 55 watts/ch they sound amazing and can get as loud as you need them to be. Very clean, solid power. I can't wait to eventually upgrade to the Parasound 5250 THX Ultra 2 certified at 250 watts x 5.

Thats quite an accomplishment having RF-83's as a college student. I'm 32 now. In college, I was BROKE! I had a pair of DCM speakers with a Pioneer Dolby Prologic Receiver. With each having a 12" sub, they would pound out some bass but they absolutely do not compare to my new Klipsch. So hats off to you Jay.

Congrats. You will love the 83s. I'm bi-amping mine with a Denon AVR. I still can not believe the amount of bass that I get out of these speakers. It really does sound like they have active subs in them :) They are beasts! I have mine about 1 foot from the rear wall and about 10" from the side (they are in the corners of a room).

Congratulation on your choice. Bigger is better.

I agree with tross if done right the bass out of those monsters is incredible.

You are going to love them.

Enjoy

• Moderators

Very nice, don't you just love the smell on new speakers in the morning.

I can see it now...7:30am....instead of the annoying alarm going off, my Control4 system turns on my receiver, amps, opens the blinds and beautiful music begins to cascade from the RF-83's. What a way to wake up. It's nice to dream. :)

They have a demo of Control4 doing this here. Click on the Bedroom image. Then click on the "Automatically play your favorite music and raise the blinds when it's time to wake up" link on the left.

Congratulation on your choice. Bigger is better.

I agree with tross if done right the bass out of those monsters is incredible.

You are going to love them.

Enjoy

Thx. I can't wait to be able to set them up in a dedicated theater room. I'm sure they will be even sweeter then.

My son had his 9th birthday today and we invited a lot of his friends over. I was demoing the speakers to some of the parents that were there and all of a sudden, kids came from everywhere and sat on the floor as they were captivated by Transformers.

My grandma said, "I don't think you need surround sound". LOL. She was referring to the loudness of it. She said I would probably go deaf...in which I replied, "What did you say Granny?"

• Moderators

No doubt. Those are definitely cool. I noticed something odd on their flash animation. When they made the flash image, they totally darkened the tv and projection screen. I wonder why they did not leave the image on the tv and projection screens bright when the sky was turned on and leave the room dimly lit instead of making it so dark. I realize they want to place emphasis on the sky but I think they should have made it something like the following.

nightsky.jpg