Why???

jimmy4300

Can someone please tell me why I can't format a post the way I want anymore? I would like to break things up by lines, paragraphs, sometimes web address, etc, and sign my name at the bottom. For about the last month or so, all my posts have been run on sentences, one after the other. No matter what I try I can't separate anything. Why is this happening?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lou

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Try changing your Content Editor---go to Edit Profile (link at the top right of page), click Site Options, and choose from the drop down menu. I'm using TinyMCE-Enhanced-More Toolbar Options, and it seems to work fine.

I'm on a Mac using Safari. It looks like that requires a special Plug-In that I don't have.

I have now changed to Plain Text Editor.

Does that work?

Nope?

I guess you guys did something that made this site not Mac friendly. It used to format just fine. Oh Well??

Thanks for the thread, but I guess XStandard doesn't work in Mac OS 10.5.2. It acts like it will work, than when I click post at the bottom, the screen reverts back to the post screen.

So I'm stuck for now. Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it.

shift/enter doesn't work either.

Thanks for the thread, but I guess XStandard doesn't work in Mac OS 10.5.2. It acts like it will work, than when I click post at the bottom, the screen reverts back to the post screen.

So I'm stuck for now. Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it.

shift/enter doesn't work either.

I'm right there with ya. Try multiple posts instead of paragraphs.

I am using Safari.

To demonstrate after every period in this post I will hit enter.

Everything formats correctly on my screen.

Until I post.

Forget about trying to post a link or picture.

This has been brought up before.

When the Forum was "upgraded" Safari users were left to fend for themselves.

No other forum I participate in has this problem.

Or leaves it to the user to figure out how to make adjustments.

I was chastised before for saying this sucks even though I explained the reasons why.

Well... I'm sorry but it does suck.

This "upgrade" created more problems for the users of one the most common web browsers.

Tough for us apparently.

- Jim

This post should show up as 17 separate lines - but it won't.

I use Opera, so I'm in the same predicament. I have to insert explicit commands for line breaks, etc., and inserting URLs is a real pain.

For others in the same boat, here are a couple of basic commands. Be sure to include the < and > symbols.

For a line break, type <BR>.

For a new paragraph, type <P> before the first word and </P> after the last word.

For lots of other commands, go to: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_primary.asp.

Greg