RF's and Sub

kinsmajp@uwec.edu

So I have finally decided to become a "Klipsh-oholic" and start my home theater system. I am a college student and I have already started with equipment. Some stuff worth noting includes Yamaha RX-V661, RC-52, RB-51 and a JBL Sub-10 Venue subwoofer. I am selling the subwoofer for 125 and need to get a new sub. I will use the RB-51's as rears. HERES THE DILEMMA:

RF82 or RF62 for fronts?

Which sub? (Synergy or Ref.)

Thanks for any help I really really appreciate it![H]

Jake

I can't help with the front speakers but I can tell you that I have had both Synergy and (currently) Reference subs. The first sub was the KSW15 which wasn't completely awful but wasn't very accurate (kind of sloppy/muddy sounding) and under-powered. My current sub is the RSW15 and is one outstanding sub. Plays loud and clean with the volume knob only 1/2 way up (and most times I need to turn the volume down) with all kinds of power to spare.

It is pretty large and does double duty as a coffee table. With a protective place mat so as not to scratch it, of course. And NEVER leave anything on it when playing it loud- it will fall off.

Good luck with your search.

I have 82s for the fronts and an RW-12d. A lot of folks say their is unwanted noise from the port. I have no such experience. My sub is tight and well controlled. The electronic controls on top are great, because I have mine sitting in a corner, and reaching around back would not be fun. I'm very happy with my sub.

So, I went and ordered the Synergy Sub-10. The reason I did is because I listened to the RF-62 at a local retailer and they had a lot of bass for what they were. So adding a small sub isn't bad, and I don't think it was worth the extra money not only for a larger sub but for a reference sub. Will take pictures once the RF-62s and sub-10 arrive.

I just want to say thank you for everyone's opinions/help!

Guest srobak

I'd recommend canceling the order if you can, and bumping to the Sub12. I have a Sub12 which I have mixed into a Reference environment
consisting of RF35s, RC62s and RS42s, and I think it is a perfect
fit... but - those are my ears. I have had my Sub12 for over a year
now, and it has been flawless, and delivers nothing short of "fist of
god" caliber pounding... very happy with it.

Posted Image

I'd recommend canceling the order if you can, and bumping to the Sub12. I have a Sub12 which I have mixed into a Reference environment
consisting of RF35s, RC62s and RS42s, and I think it is a perfect
fit... but - those are my ears. I have had my Sub12 for over a year
now, and it has been flawless, and delivers nothing short of "fist of
god" caliber pounding... very happy with it.

Srobak is right.

Get the Sub 12 it is worth every penny.

I have owned the KSW 10, sub 12, RSW 12 and RSW 15 and SW15 from Klipsch. I can say that the SUB 12, while it might not be the best one, is the best bang for the buck that you can get.

There is huge difference between the SUB 10 and the SUB 12, You won't be desappointed going with the 12

Youthman was right, I was in between the RF 82s and RF 62s. I opted for the 62s, the 82s had a little more bass, but for the money they werent worth paying an extra $175. I was already over my spending limit because I was originally getting a $1000 system and ended up upgrading to the RF62s,RC62, and RW10d for a total of $1482 with tax. onkyo receiver was $400 also. The RW10d is a monster also. I have a 31x15 room and it hits very hard.

So, everything will be here next week Tues or Wed.:

Yamaha RX-V661, Synergy Sub-10, RF-62s (front), RC-52, RB-51s (rears). I would have gone with the Sub-12 but I just think that the Sub-12 is huge and even when I demo them at Best Buy ( am an employee), it just seems rather huge and the Sub-10 seems perfect for my ears. Thank you guys for all the help and lets all pray that the "upgrade bug" stays away......

Thanks again everyone!

Jake