Subwoofer cannon

dakayus

Hey guys I need to build a project, a little out of boredom and a little out of sheer annoyance with neighbors. Anyways does anyone know of a way to make a directed subwoofer cannon that only emits low base (around 18-20 hertz)? Size isn't really an issue, but it just has to be very low and directional. If you guys have any ideas, blue prints, or anything at all, that'd be quite helpful. Thanks

I just plan to buy cheap drivers and a cheap amp off of craigslist then use a computer and make a program to create either bursts, 5 second long, or 20 second long clips of 18-20 hert sound every 5-60 minutes. I plan to use either a 12" or 15" driver, perhaps bigger if I can get a good deal on it. It will be the ultimate annoyatron *referenced from thinkgeek.com*. I'm planning to aim it at a window or somewhere that'll possible create resonance as to cause the most amount of rucous per watt lol.

Yeah I was having difficulties thinking of a way to channel the sound. Since I'm not an engineer, my knowledge is limited to a brief understanding of physics.

Do a google search for Bose Wave Cannon. It uses a 12" woofer in a pvc tube 12 feet (or so) long. There's alot of diy posting, even one thread on this forum which was locked for flaming. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/74662.aspx?PageIndex=1

It doesn't go as low as what you are mention, but I imagine it would be formidable.

post-11993-13819366444654_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I need to build a project, a little out of boredom and a little out of sheer annoyance with neighbors. Anyways does anyone know of a way to make a directed subwoofer cannon that only emits low base (around 18-20 hertz)? Size isn't really an issue, but it just has to be very low and directional. If you guys have any ideas, blue prints, or anything at all, that'd be quite helpful. Thanks

A subwoofer project that has a sole purpose of pissing off your neighbors..............??[8o|]

.............Let's hear the story.

Hopefully you guys don't see me as another ill-willed immature kid, so let me fully explain the situation. Every few days my neighbors come to me to complain about how my cars are parked in my drive way and is appauling to him. When my friends come over, he complains that the cars on the street are cramping him in, he feels as though we're aggressive because i kicked opened the door one day, not hard, since my hands were full (if I kicked it hard, it would have hit the wall, thus damaging it). He is whines about how the leaves from my tree falls onto his lawn occationally, he is accusing me of having my tree's roots attack his water lines (which they are not even close, about 10 feet or more away). This is while he has had major construction done to his backyard which entailed 7am jack hammering for hours on end for a period of about 3 or 4 weeks. I get notices by him left on my car about how rude I am etc. The list goes on forever.

I know that I could just use a transducer to emit pretty high frequencies in the upper range, but since I'm younger, that'd be a pretty bad idea (senstivity increase). Since I live under HOA I would like this to be more or less undetectable, or at least as undetectable. So anything that's audible wouldn't work so well.

It is always best to get along with your neighbors. An old saying is "good fences make good neighbors".

But at this point I would inform him that he is not to come onto my property, and if he does so again for any reason, I will pursue criminal trespass charges.

Next time you are going to be away for a few days, sprinkle some powdered milk in your yard. :)

It is always best to get along with your neighbors. An old saying is "good fences make good neighbors".

But at this point I would inform him that he is not to come onto my property, and if he does so again for any reason, I will pursue criminal trespass charges.

Next time you are going to be away for a few days, sprinkle some powdered milk in your yard. :)

what does powdered milk do?

Oh yeah I've seen something along the lines of the heat ray. It's called a HERF which is basically a channeled microwave using a parabolic dish to concentrate the waves. Though I do suppose that this would be far more fun seeing as how HERFs can damage electrical equipment and also easily cause sterilty. Anyone know what frequency that military heat gun is at? I still like the bass option and the bose cannon.