Pics of My Legend HT

EricK

Here they are...recent pics of my theater...I hope you all like them.

Comments are welcome!

Equipment List:

KLF-20's Mains and Surrounds

KLF-C7 Center

Toshiba 56H80 56" 16x9 HD Ready RPTV

Denon AVR-5700 THX Ultra Reciever

Toshiba SD-6200 Progressive DVD player

Sony DVP-NC650 SACD/CD/DVD 5 disc changer

Cable Box and VCR

DVDO IScan Pro Line Doubler

Pioneer and RCA Laserdisc players

Not shown - in for repair cwm36.gif - NAD 515 CD changer.

Thanks,

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Master :

6 KLF-20 as mains, surrounds, rears!

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to 5803!)

Coming soon : Pics!

Mike, I don't know the exact brand of rack, but Sanus make a very simular rack www.sanus.com (Natural Audio Furniture)if your intrested. However, i found it not to be too stable and ended up getting the "Component Audio Furniture" style.

Erik, How stable is the rack? But very nice system!

-DrPyro

------------------

Receiver: Denon AVR-3801

DVD: Denon DVD-1000

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RS-3's

Center: RC-3

SubW: SVS Ultra + Samson 1000

Thank you all for the comments.

Mike and DrPyro : The rack is made by BDI Inc. I believe the website is www.bdiusa.com

The rack is very stable. It is well made and well constructed. The glass shelves make it look very elegant. With the Denon on top (won't fit elsewhere because of the wires) it stabilizes the rack nicely. I believe each shelf can handle up to approx 75 lbs.

Doug and Dave : LOLcwm32.gif looks like I'm stuck with ya in there for a while!

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Master :

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to 5803!)

Coming soon : Pics!

Very nice setup. I always enjoy seeing other people's "stuff". We talk so much about our gear - sometimes it's nice to put an image to a description.

How do you like your Toshiba DVD player? I've been toying with getting a progressive scan DVD to replace my current Toshiba SD3109.

I'm kinda jealous that DL came over so you could photograph him in person, but such is life. Wink.gif

Thanks for letting us share in a little bit of your world. Smile.gif

Tom Adams

Tom :

The Toshiba 6200 is great! Progressive scan is the way to go if you have the capability on your monitor. However, my 6200 (seeing combing and chroma bug sometimes-newer players improve on this) has sadly seen its day, and I am looking to update very soon to the new Pioneer universal that is scheduled for FEB - dvd-a, sacd, prog. scan, etc. Looks really nice. If that doesnt work out then maybe a Denon DVM 4800 or Sony DVP NS900. LOL Lotsa great players out there that do progressive scan. Even the Panasonic RP91 is getting rave reviews.

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Maniac :

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to Aragon Stage 1 !)

• 2 weeks later...

EricK, I hope your eyes are 20-20, 'cause your ears are 20-20-20-20-20-20...7. If the weights are a clue, you have the strength to turn a KLF-20 into a center by a relatively simple modification to the motor board... and find another home for the C7. When you match your center with the rest... you move up to a place beyond where you have been.

For a long time, I ran a 7.1 system with 6 KLF-30's and a C-7... and thought it was cool. Then I took the risk of finding out what a KLF-30 could do as a center and was blown away. I now run 6.1 on the Legends and find little reason to change. The rear effects speakers get the least action... and the front center gets more action than all the rest put together. Hey, even rocket science has a patently obvious solution sometimes.

You can find more info on T-man's flaming post "Hey HornEd, need Phantom feedback... " for a simple test to show the way. Go for it! I'll be posting another set of photos of my Legends very soon.

cwm32.gif HornEd

=======================================

"Where Klipsch Legends Cavort Six Ways to Nirvana!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main PLUS

SB-2's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra subs, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

and such... Tweakin' On!

Music Respite System: vintage Cornwall based

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing...

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-05-2002 at 10:16 AM

EricK, how did you get such a large, beautiful photo into the Klipsch format? I've edited this post and seem to be doing a little better in the photo department.

Anyway, I thought you might like a peak at a KLF-30 with a customized motor board to make it a center. It's not that hard to do... I'll be glad to post step-by-step instructions and more photos.

Be well fellow Legend booster... let's keep 'em rolling...cwm12.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-07-2002 at 12:27 AM

HornEd,

"That's no moon it's a space station!"

that's amazing!

As well ErikK nice to see Legends in all there glory!

as it stands I'm packing 4 KLF 30's and a C7 which is steered by a Yamaha RX-V995! and it's all stuffed into my apartment so I'm subless though the 30's pack quite a wallop in the low end.

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

Thanks HornEd for the reponse...I was thinking about the mod.....and then - I thought what the hey....maybe I'll get another KLF 20 and make that a center...with a perforated screen and front proj...but thats a bit away as right now I am concentrating on my new home...

I'd love to see the mods on your set up, the pics and all...!

Smile.gif

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Maniac :

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to Aragon Stage 1 !)

EricK, my above post where I complain about the inadequacies of getting a photo in... has had the photo updated to one that should show the center mod more clearly. My system has since been tweaked by mounting the subwoofers foot-to-foot to make a superior sounding dual-sub-tower.

I hope that you understand that my concern is urging your Legends to be the best that they can be... and there is no substitute for a KLF-20 at center... with a perf screen you will not have to be concerned with building a horizontal motor board as I did.

Do post photos of your new HT environment when the house gets built. True love may make a home... but six Legends working in sync is awesomely close! cwm32.gif HornEd