OT: Something HORRIBLE has happened!

picky

Do Not Under Estimate the amount of people out there that are BI-POLAR and don't know it .......... It rips families apart, it will rip your heart out, it is NO JOKE .......... Pay attention to loved ones, it becomes a full time job watching out for them ..............

Glen,

The main focus is that this was someone of importance to you, and your family....For your loss I am very sorry. 35 years ago, niehgbors like this were the norm, not the exception in this country. Now days everyone peeks out their window and talks about one another..... It is impossible to replace these people in your families lives. Again, sorry this happened to good people.

Iwillwalk,

What an ignorant comment, both from your own political aggenda, and the unfeeling nature for someone who posted that they were obviously hurting over this.

If a dog or a wild animal had killed these people, we as a society would put the animal down in a heartbeat without question. Man has the abillity of forthought, so is even more guilty of the consequences of his actions, but there are those who would rehabilitate the man and blame the weapon. I see mentally disturbed patients in the clinical setting on a routine basis. They have disfunctional minds that cannot be fixed, only treated. It is their individual problem, yet the rest of us pay the price in both monies for treatment and dealing with them in public sittuations when they have an episode. When they step across the line and commit homicide they should be put down just as an animal, as they are aware of their actions. This is evidenced by the lack of similar occurances in countries where they would not have a "fair trial".

Roger

Glenn, that is sooo tragic, and in such a peaceful neighborhood. Your description of the perfectly serene day being punctuated by gunshots, terror, and the sadness of loss is heartbreaking.

May that family and your neighborhood find peace.

Welcome to america.....thisstuff doesnt happen in eurpoe. what should we expect with more guns than people

That almost made me laugh, but that notion is pretty sad. It happens everywhere.

If a dog or a wild animal had killed these people, we as a society would put the animal down in a heartbeat without question. Man has the abillity of forthought, so is even more guilty of the consequences of his actions, but there are those who would rehabilitate the man and blame the weapon. I see mentally disturbed patients in the clinical setting on a routine basis. They have disfunctional minds that cannot be fixed, only treated. It is their individual problem, yet the rest of us pay the price in both monies for treatment and dealing with them in public sittuations when they have an episode. When they step across the line and commit homicide they should be put down just as an animal, as they are aware of their actions. This is evidenced by the lack of similar occurances in countries where they would not have a "fair trial".

Very well said Roger!!

So sorry to hear that Glen...

Thanks everyone! You've all been so supportive of Verna, Rose and I and I thank each of you for your warm thoughts and prayers.

Verna and I have been going through each day this week with lots of thoughts and reminders about our friends and dealing with the reality that they both will have no more warm days to sit out on that front porch they loved so much, waving at everyone driving by their corner. How ironic that is also where they perished. And to think the husband just retired from Ford Motor Company last year. They had plans to move up north to their cottage near a lake in a year or so and sell the house near us. They didn't deserve this! They didn't work all of their lives for this! We've slept okay but Mom (Rose) has been losing some sleep over this; it's really bothered all of us.

The son was arraigned in court yesterday and I understand that he's got two counts of pre-meditated murder and two felony firearms counts against him. I'm not sure is there are other charges. The DA is seeking life in prison for him. I think they'll do an evaluation to see if he's fit to stand trial. He's confessed to the police that he did the killings numerous times.

As for this evening; Verna, Rose our daughter Sierra and me will be paying our respects to the family at the funeral home. Tomorrow morning, I have taken the day off from the office so Verna and I can attend the Mass and funeral. Our friends were Catholics.

The neighborhood is slowly beginning to heal. You can still see groups of neighbors gather at their fences and talking and pointing the direction of the house. It's an old neighborhood and a good neighborhood. We're lucky to be a part of it. But no one could ever have conceived of this happening. No one! There's nothing logical about it and it was done by someone who has a distorted view of reality at best. God help him! God help their family!

Thanks again for all of you being there for us. -Glenn, Verna and Ms. Rose.

You ..

perhaps should Research your FACT's ..

what does Strangulation ..

have to do with FireArms ..??

I'm confused, with that Duke, who said anything about strangulation?

the original link posted took me to an article on Strangulation ..

i guess they gots all sorts of crime there ...[*-)]

• Moderators

Glen,

The main focus is that this was someone of importance to you, and your family....For your loss I am very sorry. 35 years ago, niehgbors like this were the norm, not the exception in this country. Now days everyone peeks out their window and talks about one another..... It is impossible to replace these people in your families lives. Again, sorry this happened to good people.

Iwillwalk,

What an ignorant comment, both from your own political aggenda, and the unfeeling nature for someone who posted that they were obviously hurting over this.

When they step across the line and commit homicide they should be put down just as an animal, as they are aware of their actions. This is evidenced by the lack of similar occurances in countries where they would not have a "fair trial".

Roger

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black, don’t you think?

You criticize him espousing his views on gun control but then take a stab at trying to advocate the death penalty.Fortunately, we have a Constitution that would never allow your social experiment of “putting ‘em down” to even get off the ground. One of the principal backbones of our Constitution was to prevent a mob mentality being able to enact and enforce laws.

I agree with your initial premise, however, that this should be about what Glen and his family are going through, and not what may or may not have prevented it (gun control, death penalty, or "putting 'em down) as nothing can undo the stress and horror to Glen’s family and community.

Our thoughts need to be with him , his mother, family and neighbors.

Glen, God’s speed to you and yours. I am so thankful that they all escaped harms way and hope this is not too stressful on y’all, especially your mom.

Travis

Please don't forget that BI-POLAR was mentioned ............ again, I can not stress enough about BI-POLAR, many have it, and don't realize it, it can alter their lives, and go un-treated ............ I hope no one here has to deal with such a thing, it can tear families apart, it's heartbreaking for everyone involved, and it's so easy to walk away from, and blame it on something else. ..... Sometimes we are tested in many ways ..............

Travis,

Lawer mentallity at it's worst, I know as my brother and his wife are both attourneys, but if you read further than the end of your nose, you would realize that it was not "pot calling the kettle black" as you referenced and if you had paid attention I first posted in bold that I felt for Glen in a way you probably are incapable of as I had my favorite uncle beaten to death by a mentally disturbed man who used a tree branch to bludgeon him to death. They didn't find my uncle till the next morning on a trail at a state park and he died hours later in the hospital. He spent about 20 of his last 24 hours alone bleeding, beaten, and cold. Further, I first posted how sorry I felt for Glen in bold, but "Iwillwalk" never even aknowledged the loss that Glen was expressing. Further still, you first attack my view, then post to Glen. I wasn't talking about preventative maintinance, but punishment after the fact, so go bury your nose in your books for precidence as I have more personal experience with the aftermath of these disturbed people as well as proffesional expierience in the clinical setting. There is no clause in the constitution to protect the right to murder, and our much wiser forfathers who wrote that piece of paper you are touting, would not have hesitated in putting the mentally disturbed murderer down, so what makes you think that YOU are wiser than the framers of that piece of paper??

Roger

oldbuckster,

Perhaps you should explain to other people that one of the most common traits of someone with depression, or in the depressed phase of Bi-Polar is extreme, illogical anger. I think most people think of "why me" syndrome or the person who wants to stay in bed all day because of the depression, and don't reallize an obvious sign is swings of extreme outrage or being "pissed off" to an extent that just doesn't make sence. If you know of someone that may be nice one time and stay up all night cleaning or getting work done, and at other times has almost no fuse what so ever, don't just explain it away to yourself that they are probably just tired and under alot of stress, as this person is probably Bi-Polar.

Roger

Verna, Ms. Rose, our daughter Sierra ans I went to the funeral home last evening for visitation. I think half of our town was there! It was very difficult for everyone; lots of folks crying ans such. The daughters were there and the eldest was quite strong, but you could see the grief on her face. I nearly lost it when we spent time praying with the couple in their coffins. It was as you can imagine; too surreal.

This morning was the funeral. Verna and I attended. It was a Catholic Mass (communion, etc.) and very nice. Again, the eldest daughter was able to hold it together while addressing the filled church. She was hugging her younger sister the entire time who was too moved to say a word. The poor thing. There had to be a thousand people there. It was a wonderful tribute to our friends. May they rest in peace.

I appreciate the things everyone has said here, including those who have "gone to bat" for us so to speak. Thanks. But, let's please not turn this thing into something adversial and petty. Everyone has a right to their opinion and to a right to express it. Let's please just leave well enough alone. My skin is pretty thick. I appreciate all of you. Thanks. -Glenn

Glenn... I really can't believe I missed this post until now. ( work has been a little nusto! ) Sorry to hear about this happening in your neighbourhood, having that happen especially to someone you know is downright terrible.

Some people are just not right, and suffering from an instability issue is a common occurance these days. Most of the time the person afflicted does not comprehend that they are actually suffering some sort of imbalance. A friend of mine had his jaw broken and concussion in a fight many years ago. After that he was not well, he suffers from schizoprhenia and is also delusional. You can really tell if he has been off his meds for a few days, sad to see. These sort of things really tax the family.