Klipsch on woot.com again

wuzzzer

http://www.woot.com

Some quotes from woot users:

"
how do these compare to bose?
"

"wow this is a nice system. how do they compare to bose?
"

"if you want bose quality you'll have to get bose. they have always been the top of the line in my book
"

"
** regarding the question " how does this compare to bose?"

youre joking right? bose is garbage. this company is decent, known
for being a bit on the bright side, but the company is decent."

"Bose is better at marketing than they are at making speakers. No comparison.
"

"Klipsch makes unbelievable speakers. They will be the best speakers you
have ever heard almost guaranteed. (unless you are a high end
audiofile)

These BLOW away Bose

Look up reviews on the company, Klipsch "

"I've heard a lot of compliments for Klipsch speakers. I have a few
friends that swear these are better than Bose."

This relates pretty well to the thread about Klipsch allowing internet sales. The Woot phenomenon allows for some interesting observations about how the "average" consumer views not only Klipsch, but audio as a whole.

I especially liked how about a dozen people exclaimed how "Ridiculously Overpriced" these speakers were. [:P] (ignoring the 44% discount)

This highlights just how much of an "accessory" high-quality audio is to Joe Shmoe.

I always thought it was more of a crushing than simple blowing away. Tiny cubes don't stand a chance against any of the larger Klipsch speakers (and the smaller ones for that matter, I suspect even a Heresy or some of the bookshelf Reference series would physically crush a tiny cube in to splinters).

Better marketing through research.

Comment above about the woot phenomenon being sorrowfully insightful to the place audio has taken with joe schmoe.

In the past month, two engineers at work asked "is this good, should I buy this?" They were looking at woot. One was today with the quintets and one was with some athena speakers. Both times I said, "If you're thinking of buying sound equipment, we need to have a more complete discussion of what you are willing to spend and what you consider important in a sound system. I think you can do much better than this."

Rarely does the uninformed impulse buy work out when its related to audio equipment.

Comment above about the woot phenomenon being sorrowfully insightful to the place audio has taken with joe schmoe.

In the past month, two engineers at work asked "is this good, should I buy this?" They were looking at woot. One was today with the quintets and one was with some athena speakers. Both times I said, "If you're thinking of buying sound equipment, we need to have a more complete discussion of what you are willing to spend and what you consider important in a sound system. I think you can do much better than this."

Rarely does the uninformed impulse buy work out when its related to audio equipment.

Good insight.