2 channel amp help

i am planning on buying a pioneer elite vsx92-txh (130wX7). i am also looking at getting the RF-82 speakers. what i am kicking around is also getting a good 2 channel amp to boost the power for the front mains. what amp can i get to do that job? will an amp like that fit into an et center? is this feasable?

thanks

I have that unit and have been playing with the fronts ....I hooked up my Mcintosh 2505 using the L/R front pre outs on the pioneer with Heresy II's and sounded really decent for 2 channel, but was a little off on the center (using an academy).....Hopefully I'll take home my cornwalls this weekend and see how that fits. You may want to get a multi channel or three monos so the fronts all have the same flavor.............I'm just going to use the pioneer for HT and A/b my front cornwalls with tubes for two channel as I'm not thrilled with the pre on the pioneer for critical listening.

alright, i don't want to ask this question, but i have to.....

all the amps i have seen...have a balanced input (in) and on the pioneer i am going to get, doesn't have that. how would i hook up the amp? i didn't even see a unbalanced input on the back of the pioneer

What I have done and I believe is the only way you can with these type of consumer HT units is to go from the preamp out on the back of the pioneer for the channels you wish to hook up an external power amp. So you are effectively only using the preamp of the pioneer which should be a balanced output. The set up feature on the pioneer works like a charm and will easily account for what ever levels your power-amp is putting out....if it has gain controls I suggest you set them and leave them after running the setup program.

If the Pioneer is a typical AV receiver, all its pre outs will be RCA (unbalanced) type. You can get RCA-to-XLR (unbalanced-to-balanced) interconnects, but you may run into grounding issues. Even so, it can be done.

I'm using RCA-to-XLR cables to run from my Yamaha AV receiver to the EV Dx38 digital processor, since it has only XLR connections for input and output. The output is no problem, since the Yamaha power amps have both RCA and XLR inputs, so XLR-to-XLR (balanced) cables work fine for that part of the system.

What is your budget for the amp? If you are thinking about stacking the amp on something in your entertainment center what is the max height?

As far as connections, they do sale a piece of equipment the changes RCA to XLR. I will try to look up some things, I know I seen something here.

James

i don't have a budget for the amp yet, because i don't know what the ball park for them are. if the amp is too expencive then i would just go seperates. i have plenty of room in the et center, the shelves will be movable.

i don't have a budget for the amp yet, because i don't know what the ball park for them are. if the amp is too expencive then i would just go seperates. i have plenty of room in the et center, the shelves will be movable.

???? Using a separate amp IS going separates. Or were you referring to using amps and a pre/pro vs amps and a receiver?

I like my 7500 but my QSC is better

Arky,

Can you elaborate on this. I am thinking about upgrading my current Outlaw 750, which is 5x165, to the 5x200 amp from Outlaw. I am thinking about it but not sure the move is worth the money. I think that it is more of the bug then anything.

James

Agree with cecaa, can't see how you would notice 35 more ss watts of the same flavor.

My room is hard - hardwood on slab, vault ceiling, leather furniture, oil paintings, couple rugs etc

Subjectively the QSC in my room is a little smoother. Also 225 more watts so it ain't working very hard.