Wanted not to like this LP

joshnich

Mike what new Rickie Lee Jones and how much?

BTW, I need to bring all my original RLJ pressings with me on Monday, as I planned on giving all of those to you.

Mike

I'm flabbergasted. Got gas too!

Kidding aside that's a wonderful thing you are doing for me. In your honor I just played my only RLJ, a sealed, as of last summer, original of "The Magazine". One of the great things that has happened to me over the last few years is that back in my early music days I paid very little attention to who was actually singing stuff I'd hear on the radio, friends houses etc. back in the day. I can honestly say I had never heard of her before I showed that album to a friend while we were going through a Salvation Army on a rainy day at the beach last summer while on vacation. My friend said "pick it up you'll like it". Boy was she right!

As far as Shelby Lynn goes count me in as a fan. Her two most commercial releases "I Am" and I forget the other are just fantastic. Her last release, recorded in her basement studio was a nice experiment in overdubbing but ultimately disappointing. Glad to hear sh's back in a proper studio. Hope she'll tour again and I can see her this summer.

Order one for me too! We'll save on shippng and I can pick it up when we meet next month. Trust me I'm good for the dough.PWK BS Button

No problemo senor. Consider it done.

My cup, like the rain swollen rivers around here, runneth over. Thanks my friend.

Josh dropped the disk with me this afternoon & I listened to it on the way home. Even in the car it sounded great. I will have a copy on the way soon.

Unfortunately, its too hot in the house today to be inside, so the Belle's will have to wait.

Thanks a lot guys. Now I'll have to buy a copy.

However $12.99 seems a great deal for a 180 gram LP that's supposed to be the cat's meow.

Order one for me too! We'll save on shippng and I can pick it up when we meet next month. Trust me I'm good for the dough.PWK BS Button

Mike what new Rickie Lee Jones and how much?

I second Mike on the Rickie Lee Marty it may be my new fav by her! Thanks for the confirmation on the Shelby Josh as I was thinking about ordering when Elusive emailed the other day[:D]

Just played the RLJ again and it is outstanding! One of my definite reference recordings! Side A (Show Biz Kids and Trouble Man) has some of the best bass (deep, tight, focused, right out front) I have ever heard on my La Scala's! It's tough to beat these new 45 rpm recordings.

As a side note, I just played the Shelby again as well. She does a nice job with those Dusty tunes. A very good recording to boot (although not as detailed as the RLJ).

Mike

I don't call up my friends and say "Hey why don't y'all come over and bring your computers and let's have a party"? Hell no! I say bring pot, wine and vinyl. That's sexy. It's really a great excuse to get together and listen to music. Everybody takes a turn looking through the collection and it's interesting to see what each person plays. The vinyl way is just me. I think if if we all listen to more music together it really doesn't matter how we do it.

Music will save us all just like it always has. We feed our souls with it. Vinyl just creates a little more discussion for us. You get to look at the covers, the liner notes, sometimes the lyrics are included. Plus you can roll a doobie on it. That's hard on an Ipod.

Keeping the dinosaur way alive y'all..........
Rockingly yours,

Shelby Lynne

Hey Marty,

I brought in the RLJ albums this week. Unfortunately, I only have her first 4 lp's to give:

Rickie Lee Jones
Pirates (produced by Walter Becker)
Girl at her Volcano (10" record)
The Magazine (which I see you already have)

All vinyl is in excellent shape except for Girl at her Volcano, which has numerous clicks/pops. I have had about 3 copies of this lp, and all of them have noise.

Lets get together next week sometime and do dinner. Let me know what night works best for you.

Mike

Listened to side one last night. Nice. Excellent $13 LP. Not normally an album I would buy but this one certainly was worth the price. I can see myself playing it a couple times/year.

Marty - I played both copies and kept the quietest of the two. Your's has just a couple gouges but is sitting safely on my kitchen window sill where the sun will keep it nice and warm ;)

Marty - I played both copies and kept the quietest of the two. Your's has just a couple gouges but is sitting safely on my kitchen window sill where the sun will keep it nice and warm ;)

Dufus![+o(] I haven't paid you any money yet. Guess it all boils down to a Sophocraticales Choice. Gee I wonder which one I'll pick?

Great, thanks Mike. I've got some monos for Gary and a sealed Carmina Burana for thou. Sorry it's only the London Symphony and not the classy German versions but you've alredy heard how it should sound.

Oh, and welcome aboard Macho. Sounds like an honest review to me. Stick around. You'll like it here.

For sure marvel there can't be anything wrong with an english rendition of a german work! After all their monarchy is German, but they really don't like to discuss that. Just like Bernstein could not have possibly butchered Tchaikovski compared to the leningrad philly.