The Doctor is: IN

picky

Glen, Wow...200+ is a lot of different hot sauces. You are a true hot sauce professional. I definitely don't have that many....probably as many as in your picture. But I put pepper or hot sauce on just about everything. Tonight I used a ton of crushed red pepper on some pizza. I also have Prilosec on hand continuously in our house.

Just some info. The Dinosaur Barbeque is a blues / barbeque / biker honky tonk joint in Syracuse, NY. Other locations were opened in Rochester and Manhattan. They use giant custom Dave Klose Texas smokers for their catering business. At their Syracuse location they have huge stainless steel outdoor smokers that use wood and steam. Their barbeque and ribs especially are fantastic. The "dino" is legendary for their food and blues artists who have performed there....their tatooed leathered up waitresses with their wise mouths and their sauces and rubs. Their sauces, rubs, and biker t-shirts are all available on line. My old hangout for several years. Of course I have lived in Georgia now for almost 8 years. Ah.....the good ole' days.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Islander: Thanks for the encouragment. I could not agree mor with you. Great minds think alike. LOL

Mark: The "Dino" sounds like a great place to grab some ribs and listen to some outstanding blues. I enjoy doing my own smoking as well. My specialty is beef and vennison jerky; sweet & spicy of course!

Doc: That would be Dave's Gourmet Insantity Sauce. Many supermarkets now stock it as a regular item. If not, there's always "peppers.com"; they boast having over 3,000 sauces available for sale. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years. Caution: "Not for people with heart or respiratory problems." - Seriously.

post-10177-13819374144974_thumb.jpg

Doc's familiar with PF Pulse and likes Joe Cocker? *sniff* I'm so proud of that boy [:'(]

Sounds like a great visit, missed ya by two weeks Doc! Hope you're enjoying your travels.

Have you actually graduated yet? We didnt' get an announcement here on the Forum!??

M

Dude, Detroit is fricken insane....like I've heard and read about the industry out here, but it's soooo insanely huge! Mile long steel plants and all sorts of craziness...

Btw, I just discovered that I'm a huge fan of Sting too - and that "Growing Up Live" DVD by Peter Gabriel is way cool. I've only ever seen the one song where he's riding around on a bike and thought that was a bit flamer, but the rest of that concert is simply amazing. And the DVD production is outstanding - great audio - great video - and very artistic.

Can you tell I'm having a blast? The Picky residence is quite the 5 star resort [Y]

Oh, and Glenn has Bluray upstairs with a fancy 1080p TV - sweet stuff.

And yes, I've done gone graduated - didn't know I was supposed to announce it, lol. I actually finished like 3 weeks ago, but we had a competition for a racecar I helped build and I was putting in the crazy hours until the very end. 13th outta 150 or so schools around the world ain't bad at all [H]

Taking a walk on the oldest working farm in the state of Michigan (now a nursery, Westcroft Gardens, that specializes in heritage plant varieties and trees) on the island of Grosse Ile in the Detroit River. It's about 25 minutes from our house and just north of Lake Erie. It was purchased from the Indians in 1776 and has remained in the same family the entire time.-Glenn

post-10177-13819374157438_thumb.jpg

If you guys haven't seen Sting "All this time" give it a try. Very good production. It was filmed at his Italian villa 9/11/01. They almost canceled. The extras talk about the decision & rehersals etc...interesting stuff.

Congratulations on graduating Doc! Welcome to the real world! (It may not be too late to enroll in graduate school, you know, to stay out of the real world a bit longer....) (I'd think Klipsch could use another bright young guy like yourself....) Best of luck on gettin' that first job and all that.

A farm in the same family since 1776 - how cool is that.

Sounds like you had a great time visiting Picky, Verna, and Ms Rose.

See you in Indy next month.

Some of the best burgers I've ever had the pleasure of eating were made with some teriyaki sauce and other "secret" ingredients, we also started the charcoal with a heavy dose of toluene we had on hand as octane booster.

However,

Mmmmmmmm,

I just made some burgers with the montreal seasoning and soaked it in some green Tabasco sauce.

I used Lea and Perrins Worcestershire instead of a Teriyaki sauce.

They turned out very very good, the green flavor adds such a nice depth to the taste.

Even better then the high octane burgers!!

[:D]

Well I'm back in campus town now - chalk up another crazy adventure ending safe and sound.

Now to find an excuse to BBQ again and give a go at this recipe...though that last pic of me looks like I've got a pillow under my shirt. Maybe I should be thinking about working out instead [:o]

I just made some burgers with the montreal seasoning and soaked it in some green Tabasco sauce.

I used Lea and Perrins Worcestershire instead of a Teriyaki sauce.

They turned out very very good, the green flavor adds such a nice depth to the taste.

Exactly! The Green Tabasco Sauce is a mild, jalapeno sauce that is a perfect substitute for the Kryptonite sauce. You may not have the same heat level but you still get that fantastic, very-different flavor that jalapenos are so good at imparting on beef and other dishes. It's even great on eggs. You just have to get past eating green eggs. LOL Green eggs and ham, anyone? Also try it on tacos and in chili. Fantastic!

Doc: I'm glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Thanks for coming out this week! You are welcome at our place any time! -Glenn

Mark & Christy: No problem. I'm quite flattered that someone would ask. I'd be glad to share.

Ingredients:

• Reese, Hickory Liquid Smoke
  • McCormick, Grill Mates, Montreal Steak seasoning
  • Teriyaki sauce - any brand
  • Kryptonite Super Hot Sauce
    • This sauce is difficult to find and may be out of production. Although better, fear not; ANY green jalapeno sauce will do!

Directions:

1. Line sirloin or ground round patties in rows in a large, glass or metal baking dish
  2. Slather teriyaki sauce over all of the patties
  3. Moderatly sprinkle the Montreal seasoning over each patty - excellent on steaks, too!
  4. Place 2 to 3 drops of liquid smoke on each patty - use VERY sparingly
  5. Lightly sprinkle the green Krptonite or other jalapeno sauce on each patty
  6. Turn all the patties over and repeat
  7. Let patties marinate at least one-hour before grilling
  8. Just before the burgers are done, if desired, apply your favorite BBQ sauce. I get many gifted to me each year so I am always trying new ones but my standby is KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce
  9. ENJOY! -Glenn

I did this from memory for the Memorial day holiday but didnt' have jalapeno sauce (the green stuff), so I used the teensiest droplet of Dave's Insanity Sauce I could muster on the sirloin burgers. I did space the Teriaki bit and used Worchester instead (my standard marinade), some season salt and garlic powder. WOW.

I'll have to do them the Picky way next time.