IndyFest 08.... Were finally here.... this Friday June 20th!! 10 PM!!

"Indy Fest 08" PLANNED SCHEDULE:

I will give out maps at Klipsch on Friday evening! Find a ride with other Klipsch forum fanatics!

Were over 40 people as of June 19th.

See if your on the list here... We will have name tags too!

The list so far....

James V, Loud&Clear, Picky, Trey, Colterphoto1, Smilin, JMolotky, BobbRiff, Blsamuel, DoubleJ, Bhendrix, Tim Smith, Robert Fischer, Seadog, Beasley, Fyrpwr, Custom Steve, Michael Hurd, LarryC, Coytee, dvcdude, Harry O, damonrpayne, buy other sound equipment, RickTate..... NoLa, claudej1, others adding daily.. hehehe

(Does not include significant others or family members, I am sure more people to come.)

Also Klipsch Employees (+ sig others) especially those helping at the Pilgrimage are also welcome!! We are all one big family any how right?

So far Trey and wife..Steve Phillips and Professor thump himself, Mark Blanchard! Keep em coming!

Friday, June 20th:

• Arrival time: Any time, after 10 PM. (There is stuff to do at Klipsch from 5 - 9 PM)
  • Music and Theater demos late into the night. (And just maybe some outside music too... more to say soon!)
  • We'll throw ideas together for a late night dinner. Cindy and I are thinking Pizza and cold drinks, but were pretty flexible, and If weather permits, you can grill out on the deck if you prefer to bring something too? If you want something "stronger" bring it.
  • Before, during, and after late night dinner: Watch moves, Concert Videos and listen to music till whenever. And of course lots of Bragging about Something.... LOL Hehehehehehe
  • I would expect sometime late say 2 AM or so we will "wrap it up" officially. Klipsch has a full day for us on Saturday. Who knows?

Saturday June 21st:

All day events at Klipsch, and Klipsch has a tent / party / town meeting planned as well that evening. Your on your own. It starts @ 8 AM on...

Sunday, June 22th:

• Arrival time for drop-ins: Any time after 12 Noon until 4 PM (when our Open House ends.)
  • Overnight guests get homemade Bloody Mary’s. Just kidding! Maybe we'll go out for breakfast someplace nearby before noon at 10:30 AM. We have a local place that they are almost like family to us, it is good and reasonable too. (4 min away.)
  • Theater Demos, Music Demos etc., all day.
  • I think Colterphoto1 and I have Sunday afternoon open to whoever wants to go to either place. (FYI, Sat night late afterparty is Micheal/Colterphoto1's deal..) Michael might want to switch his open house to Sunday, if so, we will be at the "Colter compound" so this might be decided later.

Background:
Last in year while the Klipsch Pilgrimage took place here in Indianapolis, Cindy and I hosted a weekend open
house for some fellow Klipsch forum members to come over. I had just "almost" finished the dedicated HT, and we had an absolute blast!
As early as Wednesday and Thursday, but especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday we had various friends from the forum over. While we didn't sleep much, we had a lot of fun! We also had forum members (Picky and Verna) and earlier Dtel and his clan... over to spend part of the week / weeknd with us
overnight. Cindy and I have already discussed this year's Klipsch weekend and I asked her if she minded if we do that again and she said that
sounded great! We decided that one "planned" night, might be better...so.......

This
year's Indy Pilgrimage '08 Is June 20- 21st. (We are only a 20-30 minute drive to our house from Klipsch. + - 18 miles) I'd like to invite fellow Klipsch forum members who plan to attend,
to please come over and visit at our open house that weekend. Our open house
will be on Friday evening. (June 20th) I will be attending the same 5 - 9 PM events at Klipsch, so we do it after that, to get us all together and have a mini welcome party here. The remainder of the time, I will
be at the Klipsch events just like all of you. I will have maps and info at Klipsch friday to hand out.

I'd like to have emails from folks who are seriously interested in
attending our open house so we may be prepared. We usually run the open
house pretty late on Friday night.
I think we finally got
to bed at 5:30 am in the morning both nights last year, and I am not kidding!

Since
the Klipsch Pilgrimage is at a great time of year for all of us to get together we wanted to do something like this. Friday looks like Klipsch is done at 9 PM, so this will give us all
something to do, and have a great chance to socialize with one another.

Cindy and I hope to see you here, as it was
so much fun last year! New and Old friends always welcome!

Roger & Cindy (IndyKlipschFan)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the welcome,

I will be there after the classes/clinics at Klipsch. Anyone needs a ride I can fit myself plus four addidtional. The pilgrimimage really seems to be growing from what I've read over the past few years. Thank you, and see ya'll soon.

Roger,

I sent an email via the Forum a couple of weeks ago. In case you didn't get the email, I will be there!

Also, I'm arriving Thursday afternoon, so let me know if you need a hand to help prepare.

David

WARNING- do not try to eat popcorn in the reclining position!

BL- you can try my chair but you can't have my blankie.

Probably don't want to try and take a dring while reclined..... bet it's a great place for a nap with the system shut down?

Don't worry Michael, I wouldn't think of taking anyone's blankie as that's is a bit too personal to borrow. Don't even borrow either of my daughers' though not sure the youngest has a blankie anymore.... the oldest on the other hand will be toting hers to college this fall.