Oh happy day

Tom_E

Should sound AWESOME ........ Klipsch and McIntosh, one of the few things I remember from the 70's ... ENJOY !!!!!!!!!

Don't know about the 70's, but anybody who claims to remember the 60's wasn't there...

I suspect your anticipation is running down your legs. Try to maintain.

Dave

• Moderators

Should sound AWESOME ........ Klipsch and McIntosh, one of the few things I remember from the 70's ... ENJOY !!!!!!!!!

Don't know about the 70's, but anybody who claims to remember the 60's wasn't there...

I suspect your anticipation is running down your legs. Try to maintain.

Dave

That's funny !

That about says it " Try to maintain " untill they arrive at least then let them rip !

I don't see how you could go wrong, your going to love those shiny new Cornwall's.

One thing I will say is I never believed in speaker break-in, also I never had many "new " speakers. But when I first got the Cornwall lll's I thought they sounded great, but after a couple of weeks they sounded even better.

Me adjusting or speaker break-in I don't know, but I wasn't the only person here to notice this ?

Like I tell everyone want to see how they are built ?... Pic's are from the nice people at the Klipsch plant while building my Cornwall lll's.

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/dtel.htm

• Moderators

dtel, I look at those pics every time you post'em.Stick out tongue

Congrats Tom.

Thanks Arky, me too.

I try to show them to everyone who shows interest in new Heritage, it's the least I can do to show the quality workmanship of the people in Hope, and the generosity of Klipsch. [Y]

>One thing I will say is I never believed in speaker break-in, also I never had many "new " speakers.

I generally fall on the "user break in" side of this. I've yet to experience anything like "break in" or "burn in" and am unconvinced. I do think people gradually learn to hear more of the nuances of speakers and other components with prolonged use.

I do not detect a bit of difference in my tube gear whether it's been on a couple of days or off a couple of days. It sounds the same...wonderful.

Of course, I might be deaf.

Dave

Thanks for the resonse guys.. It warms my heart! :)

I also got a TL Audio iTube 25watt here that i am going to test up against the mac. Could be interesting.

The picture's were great! I'm fantasising that they are making my pair...

I'm afraid your iTube is not going to stand a chanceSurprise That little iTube pushes 104db pretty well thoughYes

Don't know this amp, but sounds like you are saying it's a poorly engineered and built POS. I've never heard a well built VT amp that "didn't stand a chance." I find amp differences within classes subtle at best, unless something is not done right or something has failed.

Dave

• 1 month later...

FINALY! The Cornwall III arrived yesterday... It came in Walnut, and i liked alot! But i have a couple of questions.

1. How long "break-in" time does it take before CW's really sound amazing? My old RF-82 took about 2 months before it sounded much better.

2. My floor is abit un-even on the right speaker, so the foot-frame don't have 100 % contact with the floor. Will this reduce the bass performance?

3. I have new CW III, new Mac MC275, Roksan Kandy cd/dvd player, Parasound 2100 pre and monster cables. I think maby it lack some bass, and the high's can be "muddy" sometimes. Is this all because i need to get a really nice cd-player? The Roksan is gonne be replaced very soon, so don't worry.:)

But i gotta say, it sound pretty amazing comming right out of the box!