Audioholics article about stupid questions

damonrpayne

I agree with almost everything he has to say, and agree heartily at that.

However, his one comment threw me for a loop:

"Generally, when you go up in price, you are going down in size
(unless you are buying on the Internet in which case you're going to have to
knock out a wall). This is a good thing. Subs are hard enough to deal with so I
say the smaller the better."

Now, having heard the XW-300d in action, I can't disagree entirely... But come on, everyone knows that to acheive subsonic pleasure at 18 hertz and below, a 15" driver (or larger) coupled to as beefy an amp as possible is really where it's at.

I think we all have our favorite solutions..

And, in some cases, the public is trying to do the right thing...and after it is installed..they really could care less one month later too! LOL

Really really busy and successful people in some cases just have it done for them... Wanna press a few buttons and say I had (insert big name..design this for me.. insert big name...speakers.. insert big name everything else... yadda yadda yadda ....) It is a keep up with the latest technology I really did it right kinda thing.. look at me...LOL./..

IMO were the few that really care... but were a minority too..

They tend to have other expensive toys too... other desires...

I have a friend and he could afford everything I have done...easy... and then some. He just has no interest at all doing it...LOL. But, at least he enjoys coming over to enjoy my system too! hahahahahaha

I deal with Computer at work,and if the screen says "hit any key to continue" and I repeat that to them, do I really want them asking me where the 'any' key is on the keyboard.... and yes it has happened..numerous times.

You do at times get to a point where you don't want to be asked anymore about it. Are all the questions stupid? No, but imho sometimes the stupid questions are the ones answering themselves....if they only thought over it for a second more.

Not everyone is into AUDIO, some like Home Theatre in a Box, it's easier for them ............. Stupid Questions, maybe, but if they knew the answers, they wouldn't be asking would they ? ................

Oldbuckster, I totally agree with your comment, I just thought that the quote of the author was hilarious, does not mean I agree with it IMHO. Yes not everyone is audio savvy (like me – I just appreciate great sound) or they may lack the funds to buy such fine equipment and then when they finally save and save and eventually are able to afford Klipsch in a box and so proud of it they come to us in excitement to share their experience and to seek advice.

Like my question once, I wrote how to connect a pre to a power amp. That could be considered a silly question and yes I am sure I could figure it out but I opted for the easier option and ask here, then when I got my power amp I didn’t even look at the instructions just took it out of the box and new exactly what to do. Thanks to this great and fun forum.

But then again many questions are answered by the person seeking it, if they just gave it a go and believed in themselves.

HA!

Definately the Home audio version of Dennis Leary's Demolition Man rant in the sewers of San Angeles.

"I'm the enemy because I like to think. I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy that could sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs or the side order of gravy fries? I want high cholesterol. I would eat bacon and butter and buckets of cheese. Okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the nonsmoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading P_ _ _ _ _y magazine. Why? Because I might suddenly feel the need to. Okay, pal?"

Guest srobak

DL is the man!

From Rescue Me regarding sensitivity training:

"Let me tell you something - next time I run into a burning building and refuse to bring out anybody who is not the same color as me - that is when you can bring my angry, sober, pink, Irish *** back down here - got it?"

Full clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WAazd7VgrBE **WARNING** racial comments (to demonstrate the point), and hilarity.