Transformers

Guest srobak

Guest srobak

I checked for other posts and threads regarding this movie, and couldn't find one... so...

I know it is late in the game, but if any of you do not have this movie yet - GET IT. I picked up the HD-DVD version tonight, and watched it in DTS. Good lord, what a sonic feast. Really lets your system flex it's muscles. The whole movie was just incredible.

Yeh really looks great and sounds outstanding!! I did not even try it with DTS so I will give it a try.

So far the best picture HD dvd I have is Troy. It has the clearest, sharpest pic of about 21 HD dvds I have.

Serenity also has a great pic.

I did not even try it with DTS

Not pickin' on ya just curious...if a dts track is available why would you not select it?

As long as it has 5.1 sound that is usuall enough for me so I just hit play and enjoyed.

I compared DD to DTS on movies I had that had both and sometimes I preferd one and the next movie I prefered the other.

I KNOW the Blu Ray will be better.

I would still like to SEE the diference for myselft if any. I would like to be able to put on Transformers in HD and then switch to Transformers in BlueRay and SEE the difference if any for myself.

I am talking about picture quality not special features.

I checked for other posts and threads regarding this movie, and couldn't find one... so...

I know it is late in the game, but if any of you do not have this movie yet - GET IT. I picked up the HD-DVD version tonight, and watched it in DTS. Good lord, what a sonic feast. Really lets your system flex it's muscles. The whole movie was just incredible.

The huge Malco theater (Memphis?) that serves as a benchmark for the most advanced all-Klipsch theater sound install uses that movie as it's sonic benchmark for system test. There's lots of 18 Hz stuff in there to show off Roy Delgado's subwoofer designs, among other things.

His comment to me was: "Michael Bay really cares about sound quality.".......................no kidding. I have the non-HD DVD version I bought used from Blockbuster and it Rocks the House. You also need to add Master and Commander, and Polar Experss to your collection for sound.

The Transfomers HD-DVD has a high bit rate DD+ sound track that is lossy. The quality of the DD+ sound track is one of the best out there. The Blu-Ray may have a lossless Dolby TruHD sound track.

Bill

Welcome back, Bill. Haven't seen you post in a while.